Chapter 26: Other Half

Start bij het begin

"August!" I sang back while laughing.

I heard him chuckle from outside the door before he nocked.

"You almost done in there?"

"Yup. I'm done. Here I come." I stated, getting off of the ground where I was painting the very bottom of a wall. I walked over to the door and slid out.

August stood there with a hoodie and some sweats on, smiling down at me. He looked kind of tired in the face and I'm sure its from him working so much in these last few days. I wasn't sure as to why he was working so much since he just dropped his album, he should be relaxing after all the work hes had to put into it. He usually was doing a lot of meetings with companies or he's had a photoshoot to do, not to mention he did have to go back to Atlanta for a day to shoot some of the last scenes for his music video. My baby had to be exhausted after all of that, but he steady works on and even comes to entertain me at the end of the day.

"So you almost completely finished wit' the room?" He questioned as he threw an arm around my shoulder and walked with me down the steps.

"Yea I'm actually finished. I just have to go pick up a surprise I got for you to put in the room." I smiled up at him. He looked down at me with a matching smile as we entered the living room.

He sat down on the floor and I climbed behind him onto the couch letting him sit between my legs before snaking my hands down to his shoulders and massaging them. His head flung back as he let out a sigh and let his eyes close. I giggled and kept at it.

"What's been going on with you August? Why have you been working so much? You just released an album baby, you shouldn't be working this much." I stated.

He didn't say anything for a long while so I tapped his shoulder. His eyes opened and he licked his lips chuckling a little bit.

"My bad baybeh. I kinda fell asleep."

I laughed and restated my question before letting him answer.

"Well I was gone tell you this lata, but since you asked, imma be goin' on tour in a month. All these meetin's  have been ta get shit sorted out foe it." He explained , looking up at me. I stopped massaging and just looked down at him.

I knew he'd have to go on tour at some point, but it was just weird to know he would be leaving in a month for a few months. Since I started working for him we've built a strong relationship that I've grown to love. He's been there and let me cry on his shoulder, and he's stood up for me on multiple occasions. We've been with one and other almost everyday and now he would just be away from me for months on end. This separation anxiety I have is really kickin' in in this moment. 

"Huh? You're leaving?" I questioned.

He looked over my face for a few seconds before getting up and sitting right next to me. I was breathing a little heavier and felt like I would cry, but I held it in, not wanting him to think that I was crazy or anything.

"What's wrong? Imma only be gone foe a lil bit baybeh."

"Who long is a little bit August?" I questioned turning towards him. He looked me over again and then let out a deep sigh.

"Three months."

"Three months? August that's a long time!" I panicked.

I learned about my separation anxiety long ago. When you're someone who loses a brother, a son, and your father walks out on you, you get scared of people leaving.That's why when we had chose to move up here I convinced Keyshia to come with. I hate being away from the people I love.