the day she died

days have passed, and nobara still stayed inside the basement, refusing to move until the monsters roaming upstairs inside the building had moved. those things had no name, although megumi stayed up all night, every night looking for one. this disease had first started towards russia, but as time went by, it spread towards europe and asia. due to japan being an island, it stayed more secure, until many in dire state came to the country for medication.

so far, the only people who died were nanami and saori, which created an enormous impact onto the base, especially for nobara. her friend, fumi, still had an unknown living status, although there's a strong possibility she'd camped somewhere else.

initially, nobara's group stayed safe inside the school building, until megumi and maki were gravely injured after a dozen of them attacked, leaving them with no choice but to escape. they became used to living underground, but hunting parties were still sent away every now and then.

gojo, thinking he was allowed, ran away hours ago, thinking he could take all of those things on, like a complete moron. this had greatly stressed utahime, until she got over it and accepted the fact that his stupidity could kill him. there, they stayed quietly after momo broke her leg. breaking the silence, mai grabbed one of her guns and started to slightly open the metal door, shooting aimlessly to the ceiling, attempting to kill any of those monsters roaming around.

maki groaned, "mai, don't waste the bullets."

"i'm just checking if it's empty. we need to go send a searching group for gojo," she closed the door and dropped her gun on the ground, walking over to the random cabinet in the corner, and opening the drawer, mumbling, "why is there gum in here..."

nobara laid back further in her seat, "i'm not coming. gojo dies? good for him."

the shorter-haired girl shrugged, and pointed to maki and itadori, "you two, no wait, three," she moved the point of her finger to megumi, and then hesitated before pointing it to toge, "all of you."

while itadori and maki were glad to join, the other two groaned, looking to the side in annoyance. mai laughed in their faces, and dragged them over to the door, separating them and hell on earth, "megumi. you open it," she snickered.

he shook his head, "no thanks. you just checked, didn't you?"

"i didn't really pay attention. you go."

"i don't wanna go with you," he muttered. before saying anything, mai aggresively grabbed him by the collar and stared him down.

"go now, you... moron."

megumi's face turned bothered, and he opened it, looking around against his will, "nothing."

"told you."

maki and itadori cheered, grabbing weapons and whatever they could for the journey. excited as they were, both toge and megumi were extremely reluctant to go, until nobara forced them. itadori walked out first, looking around cautiously, maki following suit. megumi sighed in relief, seeing that no monsters were roaming around inside the building, surprisingly.

maki ran with great silence to the door, remaining quiet as she walked out, the space being clear and her eyes could see, "what the fuck..."

there were no traces of anything. nothing could be seen, except a worn out knife, with a broken blade. the dark-haired woman picked it up and looked at the handle, with engravings written with a name on it, y/n l/n.

megumi frowned, confused, "it's a knife."

mai smirked, "someone's knife. it means that there may be more people near here," she continued to look over, peeking at the buildings, "no signs of gojo."

itadori sighed and grabbed a few talkie walkies from his bag with dark green and blue patches on it, handing one them to maki and megumi, "we'll split up."

toge shook his head and his hands; furrowing his brows. he struggled to form words, "w-wuh-we-"

megumi stopped him, understanding what he was willing to say, "we can't split up, since the number's uneven. it'll mean that someone has to go alone."

maki raised her hand, and as she started speaking, she put her chin between her index finger and thumb; "i'll go alone. yuji and mai cover north to east, megumi and toge'll go west, and i go south," she explained, pointing fingers around.

the other zenin twin shrugged in acceptance, grabbing yuji's arm and walking over to the direction mai told them to go, a compass who was sitting inside her back pocket being used. itadori slapped her hand away and stepped forward, next to her. as toge and inumaki slid over to their lefts, maki grinned and marched forward, shuffling her feet and humming a tune.

she shuffled the dirty knife into her pocket, clicking her tongue in anticipation as she looked for something, or even someone. it had already been two hours since she was separated from the others, and her stamina was draining itself. listening to a growl, she excitedly, looking around. she held a small staff into her hands, spikes around it except the handle. maki approached the building, where the source of sound came from. entering it, emptiness filled it as she saw a small notebook on the floor, looking all ragged. picking it up, she blew the dust off of it, hesistating before opening the book. the first thing the dark-haired girl saw were the letters y/n l/n. she bit her bottom lip in confusion, recognizing the letters before hearing the sound again.

the stairs stood there, and she decided to step up. arriving at the second floor, was gojo and a woman and man maki has never seen. the girl was drinking water, watching gojo imitate the monsters, before looking at maki, shock in her face and the water choking her.

the white-haired man frowned, before looking at maki, "maki! good to see you."

"yeah, what the fuck, gojo?"

"...huh?"

"what? literally, what! where were you? you were, imitating those 'whatever-the-fuck-you-call-them' monsters, with total morons who choke on water?"

the man next to the girl looked down at her and back up at maki, "ohmygod," he mumbled. gojo stood up and smiled.

"right! maki, these people are suguru and y/n-" he was stopped by maki hitting a branch into the side of his neck, making his drop to the ground. the man named as 'suguru' slapped his hands over his head, looking in shock. however, the woman called 'y/n' backed away on her tip-toes from the body.

the man gasped, "what did you just do to my boyfriend!!"

maki twitched an eyebrow, "so gojo leaves as a 'super straight womanizer moron', and comes back as a 'gay moron'? still keeps the moron, but..." she shrugged, slipping her glasses off and cleaning the lenses with her shirt, putting them back on.

y/n nodded, "surprised they haven't fell off yet."

the zenin girl looked away, before poking gojo with the same stick that beat him up. he woke up, and the four looked at each other, gojo still on the ground, but on his elbows, "gojo, we're leaving."

"where?"

"oh my god, we're going back to nobara and the others."

gojo frowned and sighed, "only if my friends come with me."

"fine."

-

and hours passed. they looked around, but no signs of their home was seen. not even maki's friends, mai, itadori, toge or megumi. there were not even footsteps of any of the idiots around, and not even traces of anyone who could possibly be around. suguru made a squeaking sound, before slurring his words, "we're fucked..."

y/n nodded, looking at gojo before hearing growling and footsteps, "okay, we're gonna die... but that's alright."

-

a/n
BRO WHY DID IT TAKE ME LIKE 10 DAYS TO WRITE THIS