⤷ 16| ST MUNGO'S HOSPITAL FOR MAGICAL MALADIES AND INJURIES

chapter sixteen : St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper's feet hit the ground and she somehow managed to keep her balance. Next to her, the others fell on the ground, groaning and sighing. They had arrived in the gloomy basement kitchen of number twelve, Grimmauld Place. The only sources of light were the fire and one guttering candle, which illuminated the remains of a solitary supper.

"Mistress!" Kreacher exclaimed, hurrying over to June. "Are you all right? Can Kreacher get something for you?"

Juniper shook her head. "I'm all right, Kreacher. Thank you for asking. Perhaps you could give us all some hot chocolate?"

"Certainly," Kreacher said, dashing away to get some hot chocolate.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked, stretching out a hand to help Ginny up. "Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured —"

"Ask Harry," Fred said.

"Yeah, I want to hear this for myself," George added.

The twins and Ginny were staring at Harry.

"It was —" Harry began, hesitatingly. "I had a — a kind of — vision . . ."

And he told them all that he had seen, though June noticed he altered the story so it sounded as though he had watched from the sidelines as the snake attacked, rather than from behind the snake's own eyes.

When Harry had finished, Fred, George and Ginny continued to stare at him for a moment. June's eyes darted between him and the Weasley trio, ready to interfere if necessary.

"Is Mum here?" Fred said, turning to Sirius.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," Sirius said. "The important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore's letting Molly know now."

"We've got to go to St Mungo's," Ginny said urgently. She looked around at her brothers; there were of course still in their pyjamas. "Sirius, can you lend us cloaks or anything?"

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St Mungo's!" Sirius said.

"Course we can go to St Mungo's if we want," Fred said, with a mulish expression. "He's our dad!"

"And how are you going to explain how you knew Arthur was attacked before the hospital even let his wife know?"

"What does that matter?" George said hotly.

"It matters because we don't want to draw attention to the fact that Harry is having visions of things that are happening hundreds of miles away!" Sirius said angrily. "Have you any idea what the Ministry would make of that information?"