“I think her name’s Angela. She just transferred from either Korea or Paris. I heard she moves a lot.”

“Oh. What grade is she?” I ask.

“She’s a senior too.” Sam says smiling. “I think I should ask her to prom.”

“You should! Aww. Have you even talked to her yet?” I asked.

“Yup!” he says popping the ‘p’. “I got partnered up with her today for chem.” he says grinning.

“Did Kevin ask you to prom yet? It’s like 2 months from now.”

“Wow. You’re planning for prom early.”

“Yeap, I don’t want all the good girls to be taken.” he says.

I shake my head. Guys are so…I can’t even explain. “Back to my question. Did he ask you yet?” Sam asked.

“Nope. Not yet. I don’t even know if he’s even going to ask me. He’s been pretty distant lately.” I say trying to hide the sadness, but my voice cracks.

“What do you mean ‘distant’? You guys look okay.”

“I don’t know, after my birthday, he’s been…not avoiding, but distant. Like he’s usually busy; yeah we’re always together in school, but like outside school, I barely see him now.” I say looking at the ground.

“Maybe you’re just—“ Sam says before I cut him off.

“Sam, I think he has a problem, but he’s not telling me anything. Whenever I ask him what’s wrong, he tries to change the conversation.” I mutter.

“Trish, relax. He’ll probably tell you when he’s ready.” Sam tries to assure me.

“You really are a good friend Sam. I need more girlfriends. I’ll start calling you Samantha.” I say grinning while I hug him.

“Hey! No way. I am a man.” he says puffing his chest. I elbow his stomach and he groans. “Owww. Trish that hurt!” he whined.

“Man my butt.” I mutter chuckling.

“I heard that!” he said.

We both start laughing when some of the guys walk back toward the benches.

“Hey guys!” I say.

“Hey Trish.” they say in unison.

“Sam, why didn’t you go to practice?” Chris asked.

“Cause Trish was lonely.” he said while laughing.

“What were you two talking about then?” Jake asked.

“She was talking about how Ke—“ I elbowed him again. God, Sam has a big mouth.

“None of your business Jacob. Just something that will remain between Sam and I.” I say staring at Sam pointedly during the last sentence.

Sam nods his head and I smile at him.

“Hey Kev!” Gabe says. I turn around and see Kevin walking, but he doesn’t around. Instead he continues walking off to his car with some girl walking behind him.

“Who is that?” Jake asks pointing to the girl behind Kevin.

“I have no clue.” I say frozen at my place. That dream I had on my birthday…it’s coming true. No! He would never! Kevin got in his car and the girl that was behind him got in too.

“Why the hell is Kevin with the new girl?” Sam says irritated.

“That’s Angela?” I ask.