we interrupt this program pt.2

Start from the beginning

IMESSAGE

tom x ophelia

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
hey, i really think
we should talk

ophelia
i'm sorry, who is this?

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
it's tom

ophelia
i have nothing to
say to you

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
well i have something
to say to you so let me in

ophelia
fuck, fine.

────── 〔ψ〕──────

OPHELIA HEARD THE DOOR open and close as she steeped a bag of Lipton tea in her cup of hot water, her kettle still had a small whistle to it as it sat on the cold burner adjacent to the one that still emanated some heat. Ophelia quickly shut off the burner as she steeped her tea. She glanced at Tom who was looking around her trailer, seemingly impressed by her set up.

He looked over at Ophelia who stared at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Well?" She asked, he opened his mouth to speak but seemed to be at a loss for words. Ophelia sighed and walked over to her fridge, grabbing her milk. She also pulled sugar and honey from the cabinet beside it.

"We've been at each other's necks for so long, I don't even remember what started it," Tom sighed, "I'm tired of not getting along with you, and Marvel is too, they're going to notice that we don't get along with the press junket and the fans will too."

Ophelia had finished preparing her tea by the time he finished, she was still using a spoon to stir as she looked over at him. She processed his words as she sipped her tea. She set the mug down and looked to the kettle that still had a tiny whisper of steam leaving it.

"You can help yourself," she spoke as she walked over to her phone charging on the window sill across from the kitchen area counter.

"Thanks," he muttered as he walked over. Ophelia watched him as his back was turned to her. She thought back to the first time they ever really interacted.

"When we first met back when we filmed for civil war, the first time I ever walked up to you, you spoke to me like I was a Set Tech, going on about your lunch order like I was to take it, like I didn't bust my ass since I was ten to land a role like this," She spoke softly, looking down at the time on her clock, her and Tom would have to get to bed soon, they would be starting to film the final fight with Michael tomorrow and Jon already warned her in advance that it could be a long day to get all the different shots to use.

Tom was mid-steep when he finally turned around, he looked to her, brows furrowed when his eyes widened. Ophelia could tell he remembered. He set his mug down next to hers and stepped closer to her. He lifted his hands and hesitated slightly before setting them on her shoulders.

She glanced down at them and back to Tom, their close proximity made her hyper-aware of him. She would be lying to herself if she didn't fantasize about Tom this way. It always made her pissed at herself when she caught herself doing it. But tonight - tonight was different.

"Someone's assistant, I think it was Bettanys, her name was Kelly if I remember correctly," Ophelia raised her eyebrow as he rambled and he closed his eyes and sighed, opening them back again to look her in her own eyes, "she was blonde and around the same height as you, I wasn't even looking at her directly when we talked the first time around, I just remembered a blonde girl that had the same hair as you, same height and sounded the same as you, she was asking if I wanted something, Bettany was trying to make me feel welcome and wanted to buy my lunch."