C h a p t e r T h r e e

Start from the beginning

"George why the fuck- He's not like Candle Girl, I don't like him? He's just this guy I met at a coffee shop I went to. But then chat decided to fucking decide that his name is Coffee Boy. Don't get your hopes up..." He quickly explained, rolling his eyes at Karl's fake pouting.

"Aw, I was so excited. Does Coffee Boy know you're famousssss?" He drew out the s way longer than needed. I drew in a breath, questioning what he would say.

"Uh his coworker he worked with recognized me and he overhead so yeah. I accidently let out that I was a pretty popular YouTuber. He thought it was cool but I don't think his opinions on me changed really."

George made a pog face and asked, "How did you even talk to him? I never stay in coffee shops and get all cozy with the people there-"

Karl intervened, "That's because you already have Dream, georgie-poo, Quackity needs his own boyfriend now. But he's got a point, how did you end up talking to him?"

"Well I come towards the end of closing hours and because I behaved sort of bitchy when he ran into me on accident the first time, I decided to stay after and help them clean."

Karl shook his head, "That's the closest thing we're going to get to seeing you in a maid outfit..."

George ignored him and kept hammering on with the questions, "Does he know you as Quackity or Alex? Whats HIS name?"

"Uh both, when his friend recognized me he said Quackity. But I introduced myself as Alex, obviously, no one fucking introduces themself as Quackity, George. I'm not going to say anything about him, but his name is Y/n."

I smiled, happy that he respected privacy. I personally didn't mind anything, but it was nice of him to not enclose anything serious about someone he barely knew.

"Wait, so he could be watching the stream then?" Karl suddenly interrupted, looking at the camera with his eyebrows raised and a really big smile.

Alex's eyes widened and he started stuttering, "U-uh maybe, but it's probably unlikely he's on Karl's channel, he's most likely on mine-"

"But if he is, everyone say hi to Coffee Boy!" And Karl waved after George yelled out HELLO and Alex groaned to the side while somewhat reluctantly waving. And chat was going by at 30,000 miles per hour, donations popping in and saying "Coffee Boy really is living the main character life" resulting in me doubling over and shaking my head. 

And even though they couldnt see me, I waved back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found myself waving again the next day when I saw Alex at the door of the cafe. Coming up to cash register he gave me a smile but before I he could say anything I looked at him and asked, "Cafe latte with a little more espresso and less milk right?"

He stared at me in mild stun, "Yeah, actually, did you memorize my order?"

I shrugged, "You're my most memorable customer so I don't see why I wouldn't"

Chuckling, he sat back down and waited for his name to be called, which of course he didn't need to say since I already knew. Adding the smiley face I placed it on the counter before deciding that I would go ahead and give it to him instead. Asking for Mia, another coworker of mine, to take over my job, I squeezed her hand in gratuity before sitting down next to Alex, making him look up from his laptop.

"Here's your coffee," I slid it over to him gently before putting my head in my hand. "So what're you doing? Editing again?"

"Nah, I'm actually doing school work," he glanced sideways at me, as if asking why I was sitting with him, but he didn't say anything. I raised by eyebrows, not knowing that he went to school.