Chapter Sixteen: Instructions

A/N: I prolly shouldn't have ever made them go on this joint mission- bc I have no idea what they should do on it, but i'll just make them go talk to the sponsor or something in the next chapter and try to make it interesting. In this chapter, they'll just be receiving instructions from the crows and travelling on foot to their destination.

When the train ride is finally over and we've arrived at our destination, it is nearly nighttime. We walk to the edge of a forest near the train station, where no one will overhear us, and turn to the crows for instructions.

"For tonight, take rest! Next morning, you will go to the address we give you on this slip of paper and negotiate with Kenji-san. Make sure not to mess things up, he's really rich and the Corps could really use the money." The crow announced, dropping a piece of paper in my outstretched hand.

I tuck the paper carefully into my butterfly haori and turn to my companions. "I saw a restaurant near here somewhere. Shall we go eat?"

Mitsuri's stomach lets out a loud growl of approval and she blushes bright red, looking embarrassed. "Sorry." She squeaks.

I laugh. "Well, someone's hungry. Let's get going then." I join hands with Mitsuri and head off in the direction I saw the wooden sign, Giyuu following on our heels.

The townspeople seem kind and friendly right now, but I don't want to see what they're like after the sun's down. Hopefully we'll get to an inn by sunset.

We enter the restaurant and the aroma of fresh udon greets us, the steam from the kitchen wrapping us in warmth. I hadn't noticed how cold it was outside. We take a seat a corner table and decide what to order, and I wave over a waiter.

"Excuse me," I say, and tell him our order, he looks quite shocked when I finish, and I can't blame him. Twenty bowls of udon and a two orders of each side dish on the menu is a bit much for only three people.

"Are you sure you'll be able to eat that much?" He asks, pausing with his pen hovering over the notepad.

"I'm sure. " I tell him with a smile. I'm actually surprised Mitsuri only ordered this much. Maybe we'll have to order more later.

The waiter finished jotting down the order and bows, still looking perplexed. He excuses himself from the table and enters the kitchen. There's no one in the restaurant but us, a good thing. If there were more people, we might've had to wait here all night to get our food.

Mitsuri and I pass the time chatting, and Giyuu passes his time listening to us. Our food arrives an hour later, as Mitsuri is telling me about the bees she's keeping at her house.

Giyuu and I each take a bowl of udon and begin slurping up the noodles, and within minutes, Mitsuri has already inhaled a good portion of the feast sitting on our table. The cook and the waiter watch from the kitchen doorway, slack-jawed.

Another hour, and several more side dishes later, I pay for our meal and ask the waiter about an inn. He gives us directions to one a few streets away, saying it's the safest in town, and I thank him with a generous tip.

We leave the restaurant and hurry to the inn, just barely managing to make it before sunset, and book two rooms, one for Mitsuri and I, and one for Giyuu, right next to us.

A/N: Sorry for the boring chapter ;-;

I still have no idea what to do about the sponsor thing and I needed to write something. I'll make it up to you with the next chapter!