2

CW: teenagers being teenagers

Never guessed it got this good

Wondered if it ever would

~ Flashback Chapter ~

Shouta wasn't a big fan of going to school. He didn't like most of the people there, everyone was loud and talking constantly and it was just incredibly annoying to be trapped with a bunch of annoying people all day, every day. Plus, he was a huge introvert and he didn't do well in social situations.

That didn't mean that he didn't have his own little group of friends that he could... tolerate. Strangely enough they were all incredibly loud and talkative and seemed to be polar opposites to Shouta. But it didn't really matter. Shouta still enjoyed spending time with them, even though there was such a thing as a social overkill, even with his closest friends. Plus, them being loud extroverts meant that they always somehow managed to get the teachers' permission to use the UA pool in summer.

Which was where they were right now, just sitting in the sun and enjoying the nice weather. Or rather sitting in the shade in Shouta's case, as he was more or less a basement dweller and was particularly prone to sunburns. He always said he was going to bring some sunscreen, but he just kept forgetting it. So he had to sit in the shade, as if he didn't already look like enough of a weirdo.

Hizashi was just as bad with sunburns as he was, but he had the confidence to just walk around with a sunburn for weeks and he also didn't seem to mind the pain. Shouta could never have done that. Sometimes he really admired Hizashi's ability to make a complete idiot of himself and still be as confident as ever. He wished he could be this unbothered about everything.

Oboro's skin, on the other hand, had probably never even seen sunscreen. He never got a sunburn and he never sat in the shade or used sunscreen or anything like that. His hair looked even whiter when the sun was bleaching it during summer. He looked like a completely different person in the summer, especially because he insisted on wearing sunglasses all the time around the pool (which he only did so he could watch Kayama-senpai without her noticing - but she noticed anyway, everyone noticed how much of a crush he had on her).

"Yo, Aizawa, catch!" he heard someone shouting from the other end of the pool. Shouta turned around just in time to see a bottle of sunscreen being hurled at him. He just about managed to put his hands up in front of his face in time, his hands somehow holding onto the bottle.

When he opened his eyes again he saw Y/N making her way over to them, wearing a tanktop and her swimming shorts, a big grin on her face. Y/N was a girl from the other hero course and she somehow had become friends with them, even though most of the kids from class B weren't too fond of the class A kids and the other way around. She seemed to be the exception to that rule.