𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 : 𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊

Start from the beginning

Fuck fuck fuck. Why did I say that? I barely have 10 pounds in my savings! Me estoy volviendo loca... Virgin Mary, I know you're up there and you can hear me. Please, let him decline my offer. I beg of you. 

"N-no! Ya don't 'ave to," Robert quickly answered and left her alone inside the backroom. When the door closed, Mercy punched her fist in the air in triumph, "Virgen María, muchas gracias!" she shouted in a whisper.

"Finn Shelby! Where are you taking me?" Mercy asked the youngest Shelby as he dragged her by the wrist, "I'll show ya sumthing!" Finn answered with a toothy grin on his face. When she got out of the shop, the little boy was waiting for her. She never asked the reason why he was waiting since Shelbys are a little too hard to comprehend. 

By the time they reached watery lane, Finn ran off to their carport. "Come on! Let's ride Tommy's car! He ain't e're!" he looked back to Mercy before climbing in the car. 

"Careful there!" Mercy laughed, making her way beside the driver's seat door. She leaned on it and closed her eyes for a while. "Your brother's gonna lose his shit when he finds you here," Mercy mumbled, attempting to scare the lad but he just giggled and continued playing with the wheel.

"I like ya," Finn happily confessed, causing her to let out a gleeful chuckle. "Well, it's a pleasure. I like you too, you're a good kid and handsome at that!" she playfully answered and glanced at Finn. 

Before he could even answer, a tense Thomas stormed in the carport, "Finn?" their eyes darted to him. When he met her familiar eyes, his heartbeat became shallow and slow, his stomach tied in a knot. Mercy almost greeted him but remembered that they were not speaking, "Finn, Imogen, stay exactly where you are," she sensed the anxiousness in Thomas' voice.

"What's happening, Thomas?" she couldn't help but ask, with furrowed eyebrows she tried to move but flinched when Thomas told her to stay once more. "I was pretending I was you, Tommy!" Finn giggled.

Mercy bit her lower lip in nervousness, what the fuck is happening? She wanted to ask him over and over again, "Which door did you open to come in, Finn?" Thomas asked, his hand reaching out to his brother.

Her eyes widened as she was still leaning on the driver seat door, "Am I fucked, Thomas?" she muttered under her breath, "No, you're okay. Imogen. Just fucking stay where you are."

Uhm, hey Virgin Mary. It's me again.

"Finn climbed in the car, Thomas," Mercy answered in a panicky voice, "I want you to climb out exactly the same way you climbed in, okay?" but Finn must have thought they were still playing as he opened the driver seat door, hitting Mercy on the back.

Fuck! I'll fucking smack that boy. Finn jumped off the car, she was about to follow the troublemaker when Thomas grabbed something inside the car, "Grenade!" he shouted making Mercy freeze on her track.

Virgin Mary, are you still there? 

It all happened in a flash, she grabbed Finn by the arms and covered him tight with her body. While Thomas wrapped his arms around Mercy, the impact of the grenade was minimal as Thomas threw it outside the carport. The sound of the explosion rang through her ears, leaving her dizzy and disoriented. Mercy shook her head and checked if the lad was okay. Thomas was breathing heavily, "Are you okay? Finn?"

"Holy shit..." 

Virgin Mary, you saved me for the second time again. I would pray a novena when I get home without question.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

𝚖𝚎 𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚢 𝚟𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊 : 𝚒'𝚖 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚎

𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚛í𝚊, 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚜 : 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑, 𝚟𝚒𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢

𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚊 : 𝟿 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛

a/n: holaaaa feedback/comments are highly appreciated, hope u enjoyed this chapter! lovelots ♡