Betrayal

You and Raya were both rolling toward the last river on Tuk Tuk. "I know what you're thinking. Lone riders, a dystopian world. A land that's gone to waste. How did this world get so broken? Well, that all began 500 years ago. Kumandra. This is what we used to be. When our land was whole. And we lived harmoniously alongside dragons. Magical creatures who brought us water, and rain, and peace. It was paradise. But then, the Druun came. A mindless plague that spread like wildfire. Multiplying as they consumed life and turned everyone they touched into stone. The dragons fought for us the best they could. But it wasn't enough. That's when the mighty Sisudatu, the last dragon, concentrated all of her magic into a gem and... blasted the Druun away. Everyone that was turned to stone came back. Except the dragons. All that was left of Sisu was her gem. It should have been this big inspirational moment. Where humanity united over her sacrifice. But instead, people being people, they all fought to possess the last remnant of dragon magic. Boarders were drawn, Kumandra divided. We all became enemies, and the gem had to be hidden. But that's not how the world broke. That truly didn't happen until 500 years later. When we came into the story."

Flashback

You and Raya jumped over a roof and ran toward a building. Soon the two of you entered a tunnel with lit torches. You followed your sister as she put her hand on the wall. The two of you then took your masks off. "Hmm." You looked and saw the entrance up ahead. Raya felt around the floor for traps until her hand found one. Suddenly a net came down and she gasped and jumped back. "Huh. Looks like someone's trying to be clear." Raya said. You woke up the pet the two of you had. "All right, Tuk Tuk, let's show em what clever really looks like." You said. The armadillo rolled through the nets. But then got distracted by a bug. "Tuk Tuk! Come on, focus." Raya said. Tuk Tuk nodded and rolled through. You and Raya climbed through. "Hey, Tuk Tuk, that was awesome. Give us some shell." You said. You put your hand up for a high five. Tuk Tuk tried to give you one, but rolled over. "I gotcha." Raya said as she set him back up. The two of you then stood up in front of the entrance. Raya took out her blades and used them to open the door. The two of you walked in and looked around cautiously as you avoided the water on the steps. You then spotted the glowing gem in the center of the room. "Wait a second." You looked back at the door then at the gem. "This feels too easy." You said. 

When you turned around you saw your father standing in front of the gem. "Chef Benja. I know it's your job to try and stop us, but you won't." Raya said. "Don't mistake spirit for skill young ones. I promise either of you will not step foot on the dragon gem's inner circle. Not even a toe." He said. "You might wanna take out that blade. You're gonna need it." You said. "Not today." He said. You and Raya both pulled out your weapons. You both ran toward him. Raya went to attack but he blocked it. You then attacked him from behind. The two of you engaged in battle for a bit while Raya ran over and attacked. The two began fighting. Raya kept trying to lay a hit on him but he kept blocking her attack. He then kicked her away. She quickly stood back up and the two of you continued to fight him with your blades. You kicked him back and as the two of you moved toward the gem. He then got the blades away from you and Raya and pointed his sword toward you. He then poked your nose with the sword. "Boop." Then he took his mask off. "Like I said, not one foot on the inner circle. You two lost." He said. "Did we?" Benja looked down to see your toes touching the inner circle. 

"Girls. I probably should have said two feet." He said as he helped you both up. "Hey, don't beat yourself up too much, Chief Benja." Raya said. "You gave it your best." You said. He chuckled. "I won't. And it's either father or "Ba" to you two. You did good dewdrops. You passed the test." He said. "Although, I'm still surprised that you didn't use any of your actual powers, (Y/n)." He said. "You know you could have beaten me a lot easier with them." He said. "I know, but I just don't think I have the hang of them yet, father. Besides, if I'm fighting against an enemy, isn't it best to keep them hidden?" You asked. He chuckled. "I suppose so. But you'll need to be able to learn them eventually." He said. You smiled. "I know." You said. The three of you sat down and paid your respects to the dragon's spirit. "For generations, our family has sworn to protect the gem. Today, the two of you will join that legacy." He said. He put his hands in the water and took some out. "Raya and (Y/n), princesses of Heart. My daughters. You are now guardians of the dragon gem." He said. He then poured water on your head along with Raya. You watched as the water made its way to the gem. Your father then wrapped his arm around the two of you.