[George Weasley] ~ Old flames

Start from the beginning

The twins?
I hadn't laid my eyes on them since they were measly second years, attending their older brother's graduation ceremony. Ever since then, I had always noticed their inclinations towards the mischievous ways.
They had, after all, turned my robes neon pink when I had stepped up to receive my diploma.
We walked downstairs, bumping into Mrs. Weasley, who smiled at the both of us.
"Oh dearies, they are running a bit behind schedule," I felt my eye twitch ever so slightly. I loathed anything falling behind schedule. "Harry's not coming for a few weeks."
I hid my will to let out a huff, I was more professional than that.

I found the heavy weight of Mrs. Weasley's eyes on me, and I turned to meet her gaze head-on, giving her a slight smile.
"Oh, it really is you! I haven't seen you since you graduated!" she said as she hugged me, and when I looked at Tonks, she just shrugged as she walked away. "How's everything? Arthur said you are already one of the top Aurors around the department?" she asked, and I nodded.
"Everything's great Mrs. Weasley, and you?" I asked and she nodded with a smile, as if to say she was okay as well. "Oh, I trained under Moody, I was bound to end up being a good Auror." I said shyly and Mrs. Weasley nodded.
"And on the love department? Are you married? You surely aren't, I see no ring on your finger. Maybe there's a dashing young man?" She asked, and I shook my head. I was building my career, I barely had time to breath, let alone date!
"So, if you don't have anyone, maybe I could find you someone? My Charlie is still single, and you two used to be so close..." she said wistfully, and I sighed.

"I'm really not looking for a relationship right now, Mrs. Weasley." I admitted, and Mrs. Weasley let out a loud sigh.
"Well, whatever makes you feel better dearie. But if you ever want to reconsider, I'll owl Charlie for you. I'll see you around." Mrs. Weasley walked away from me, and I walked into the first door that I saw, finding a living room, where Ron and the twins were seating, with a curly-haired girl I found oddly familiar.

"Auror Shafiq!" the girl greeted as she stood up quickly to greet me.
I let out a light laugh as I shook her hand. "You can just call me Shafiq. Technically I'm not an Auror anymore."
"Oh, it's an honour to meet such a renowned Auror!" she said, and I laughed again.
"And what is your name?" I asked and she blushed slightly.
"I'm Hermione Granger." She introduced and I nodded as I recalled from where she seemed familiar.
"Oh, just last year I was in charge of reading your statement on the Moody impersonator!" I said before I took a seat. "Brilliant phrasing and exceptional memory." I complimented and Hermione muttered a small thanks as she blushed.
I turned to the twins, as I took in how much they had grown, now being about half a head taller than me. "And you two... Still causing trouble in Hogwarts, I expect?"
"We are deeply offended that you hold us in such low praise." They said in chorus, and I sighed, as Ron cut in.
"Don't sell yourselves so short, is there anything else you do at Hogwarts that isn't creating mayhem or providing the tools, so others, do it?" Ron asked, and if the smirks the twins gave were of any indication, it had just been a rhetorical question.
"Now, now, Ronald," one of them began.
"Don't say such things in front of such a lovely lady." The other ended, sending a wink my way and I rolled my eyes, before standing up.

Who did they get this flirtatious way from? Neither Charlie nor Bill had ever been the type to flirt so shamelessly, and I am sure Percy isn't capable of so much as a small smile to anyone who isn't his dearest Minister.
"A lovely lady whose just a few years too old for a child." I said as I walked out of the room, decided to find Tonks, and ask her about how I should deal with this type of behaviour from a guy who I wasn't even legally allowed to address as anything other than a child.

(...)

As an Auror, there is always the possibility of you getting your wand taken away by your enemy, or it getting broken in the line of duty, and as such, we are required to be able to fight in hand-to-hand combat.
Of course, ideally, no Auror should even be prone to get disarmed, since our wands were our biggest weapons, and our best defence lines, but it was still a possibility, which was why I knew how to handle myself on a hand-to-hand combat.