𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6

Start from the beginning

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GUY MADE OF—

Well, whatever he is, we've reach the match point. The opponents now look desperate and upset.

And there it is, the whistle coming from the judge in the middle of the court, indicating our victory for the match.

2-0 set with the score of 25-12 on the last one. We've won.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。

"That game was great! I'm so proud," I say to the team in excitement.

"Yeah, and thanks to Shittykawa's serves, I didn't get to spike a little bit more."

"Come on! I did good, didn't I, y/n-chan?" The captain pouts while turning to me. I smile back and tippy toes patting his head like I always do to Tobio. He mumbles that "I'm not a kid" but I see his cheeks blushing just a little.

But he's so tall wtf.

"Uh-huh. Very well played. The same goes to all of you, good job today."

"I'm kind of tired. That was our last match for today, right?" Watari, our libero, turns to me.

"Yes, it was, but we still have the team meeting after this, don't forget."

"Ah, right."

"I can't believe we're playing Karasuno next, though!" Yahaba exclaims. The second and first years are getting excited but of course they seem to be a little worn out, and even Hajime seems to be breathing harder than usual, sweating all over his shirt.

I look at coach Irihata pleadingly. He then sighs at me and says, "let's head back for our team meeting and you all will be dismissed for the day to have some rest, sounds good?" The team suddenly lights up hearing their coach's words.

"Alright!!"

I begin to think about how my friend from a faraway prefecture might be doing, but shake away the unnecessary thoughts immediately. There's no reason I have to worry about the team that will undoubtedly go to nationals like they always have done.

They are Inarizaki, after all.

I then recall how a certain middle blocker from the team had come to see me not too long ago before June. He mentioned that he was in Miyagi to visit a relative, and so he wanted to visit me who also live here as well.

Only Makki knows about Suna visiting me, so he's been teasing and joking about it nonstop ever since then. Sometimes I think I should never tell this guy about anything.

"Y/n-chan, are you listening?" I snap out of my own thoughts as I hear Oikawa calling me.

"Oh, sorry. What was that?"

"I'm saying, you still have to celebrate with us if we win tomorrow—"

"You don't have to, it's just a little party this dumbass wants, and we're not even celebrating the final round". Hajime cuts off whatever he was about to say.

I hesitate. Of course I want to celebrate if my team wins, of course. But what about Tobio? And if Karasuno wins, should I be happy or sad?