"how's it going?"

y/n put all her weight on her side on her pillow, her head resting on the headboard. "it hasn't really started yet, but don't worry, i'll make sure to make you our main topic for our tonight's gossip."

"well don't tell her every detail of how well we done it last night—"

"beep beep, richie." y/n cut him off. this statement caught the red head's attention, she turns around with a smirk faster than a gunshot. y/n's eyes widen at the sudden realization when she looks at her.

"seriously, though. can't i join your girl's night?" he whined.

"do you have a bleeding vagina?"

"no but— "

"well, anything after 'but' doesn't count. good night." y/n hung up, slamming the phone back to its place. y/n suddenly finds the floor interesting than the other things that surrounds her. she reminded herself that she needs to clean up her room because she could see a very thin layer of dust on her carpet. "does popcorn, chips, and soda sound good to you?" y/n suggests, looking up to see beverly's beaming smile.

"yeah, that sounds nice." beverly said. "but it would be sound better if you fill me in on what's between you and trashmouth."

"whatever. you can take a bathe in my bathroom, there's new bathrobe and a hair towel inside the cabinet. i'll just grab something downstairs." y/n tried changing the topic, standing up, carefully not to make an eye contact. she closes the door immediately when she walks pass the doorway, resting her back on the wall in the hallway, a sigh escapes her lips as she lightly slaps herself. don't blush, she repeatedly reminds herself.

"—who does she think she is? is she rebelling against me now?" y/n heard her mother's voice downstairs. y/n softly went down, taking her time on each step she makes to avoid creating unnecessary noises. by the time she was already at the bottom of the stairs, she sat down, trying to listen to their conversation.

"she's just growing up, y/m/n." she heard her father defending her. "you've gotta let her make her own decision. didn't you notice that she's discovering more of herself with her new friends? the girls you make her hang out with made her look like a brat to the other adults in town honestly— "

"she's not behaving well anymore. we can't let her be friends with those— "

"y/m/n listen to me." y/f/n clasps his hand together, resting his arms on each side of his legs, leaning forward to where y/m/n's sitting at. "we know that y/n doesn't just make rash decisions. she's a good girl, we know it. but sooner or later, if you still force her to be what you wanted her to be, she'll be rebelling against you."

y/n smiles when she heard that her father is in her side, her heart ached in joy to know that someone supports her on what she does.

"i gotta say, she's got a good music taste." he added, leaning back the sofa. "i saw the posters on her table. i think she got it from me." y/f/n/ chuckled.

"well i think she got it from the tozier's kid— "

"enough, y/m/n— "

"well, i don't want her to be like tessie." her mother whisper-yells. hearing her aunt's name made y/n stop from smiling. "i don't want her to grow up like— "