Chapter X

A/N: I quite honestly don't have much of an idea of where I'm going with this at this point. I have a vague idea of what I've always wanted to happen, but I'm still kind of trying how to sort out how to get there. Anyways, please vote and comment and let me know what you think! I'll continue to write if you all still care. x

G's POV

My brain was foggy as I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder. Though sleep threatened to pull me back under, I forced one eye open, the sunlight pouring in the window as I tried to focus on the voice speaking beside me.

"Huh?" I mumbled, rubbing a hand across my face.

A sharp pain had settled behind my eye as I could already feel the hangover setting in. I'd been throwing myself into work over the course of the last couple of months, and with that came a fair share of partying. It was perfect because I hardly even gave myself a chance to think.

"I said good morning, sleepyhead," the voice giggled now.

I exhaled audibly. "I thought you left last night."

She placed her palms on my chest, moving so she was above me. "I would have, but you wore me out. Besides, I thought we could go for round two this morning."

Shaking my head, I grabbed her hips, moving her off of me. "Not this time."

"What?" She spoke, exasperated. "Since when do you say no to morning sex?"

I shrugged, sitting up and pulling on a pair of pants. "Since now, I guess."

"G," she whined, gripping my forearm. "Come on."

"No," I stood up, tossing her clothes at her. "I just am not feeling up to it, okay? Don't make this awkward."

She sighed, putting her clothes on. "You used to be so much fun, you know that? And now you're just not yourself."

I shrugged. "I'm still me."

She rolled her eyes. "Obviously not what I meant. You know we're friends on top of all this, right? You can talk to me."

"There's nothing to say," I responded.

"Are you still hung up on the same girl from before?" she questioned me, an eyebrow raised. "I thought given the fact that you were sleeping with me again that you'd gotten over her. Or is it a different one?"

I shook my head. "Is any of this really your business?" I didn't mean to be rude to her, but I wasn't in the mood to talk about Elena or relationships in general.

"Absolutely not," she laughed, standing up beside me. "All I'm saying is, if you're still this fucked up, you must really love her."

"I-"

"And," she cut me off, raising her hand at me. "And you should be doing everything you can to get her back. Right your wrongs, G. You don't want her to be the one that got away."

"It's not that simple," a single chuckle fell from my lips as I thought about how complex and complicated things had gotten with Elena.

Up until the tour started, I was still texting her relatively often. Once I got back to work and stopped allowing myself the luxury of thinking, I only did so maybe once a week. She was still in my head, and it bothered me to know that she didn't feel the same. She had even stopped telling me to leave her alone.

Maybe I should have.

"Uh-huh," she patted my arm. "Maybe not, but is this something worth fighting for? I think so."

"She's seeing someone," I blurted, not even sure why I was telling her about this.

She sighed. "That does complicate things, but the least you can do is reconcile as her friend. I feel like you both deserve that."

I shrugged. "Maybe, I guess."

"But," she began. "If she doesn't want to see you, don't force her. If this is meant to be, she'll come around. Anyways, I'm off. Take care of yourself, G."

She stood on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek before making her way off the tour bus. I shook my head, lying back down and letting sleep consume me. Like hell I was just going to be Elena's friend.