Gradually removing her gaze from the anxious Jay as much as she was, Mijin exhaled heavily for randomly strolling her stunning eyes around the theatre hall.

The corner of lips twisting into a crescent shape was what Mijin's nervous about the most about but she's less scared.....to have Jongseong by her side as a protective soulmate who's got her back.

Gradually making her coral lips once again bend into smiling progress, the girl let go of her intriguing terror and baffle her beautiful smile onto others.

It worked.......

She wasn't hurting others anymore but how was that possible? She's still the same old soul from that day?

❝ Jay-ah....❞ The happiness outshining on her face was expressing all her gratitude as if she wanted to burst into tears at the spot.

It couldn't be another joke by fate at the scenery, right?

She might've been seen as somewhat of a weirdo in other's eyes for smiling like a fool but the result satisfied her—until it was too good to be true.

Just when Mijin's planning to disconnect their linked palms, Jongseong paused her before things would flip upside down to her surprise.

❝ Don't break the skinship contact, it might hurt others if you do. ❞ Mijin cluelessly quirked her brows in pure confusion after trying to comprehend the boy's unbelievable words.

❝ W-What do you mean? I'm smiling and not hurting others again..! ❞ Mijin in relief exclaimed but in a whispering tone so that the nearest people won't be able to eavesdrop on their conversation or be annoyed by their presence.

But it made Jongseong wanna pity her even more as the truth's sadder than other times like others; which meant that she's still stuck with this traumatizing curse.

❝ It isn't lifted yet Mijin-ah. ❞

Mijin sincerely wanted to break down into tears right now at this current moment as no matter how much she tries, true happiness will never make it to her again.

❝ I think it's because I'm your only soulmate whom your curse won't affect onto. ❞ Jongseong cringed at his own cliché words which he once used to not believe with its existence.

Soulmate magic, how unbelievable that the disorder shit is purposely happening on him and his group of friends?

At least she could still smile as long as she's with him.

And that is what mattered the most to Mijin only as she didn't plan to let go of Jongseong's palm although she's lowkey disappointed.

❝ I mean, I still have you so that works I guess...❞ Shrugging her shoulders, the amused girl focused on the show as her words somehow made the not so shy boy flustered.

❝ Wow, I'm finally useful to someone. ❞ The flushed up boy dramatically remarked before brushing away his heated cheeks invisibly under this shady theatre as his tiny mouth continuously sipped water.

Mijin huffed as she never intended to make it sound that way. ❝ Hey, don't put it like that! I'm not using you or anything. ❞ The desperate girl's purposes were innocent as she just wanted to change Jongseong for the better of his future's sake.

Well, Jongseong's willing to thank her in the future if her intentions won't change as well. Of course, why would she even use him when her life's going to be perfect on her own if she returns back to the rich royalty?

❝ It's just that....you're my only remedy in this world so. ❞

Her luscious words touched the bottom of Jongseong's unexpected heart which was running at a rapid pace for only her....?