2 - home

Cherry shut the door behind us. "Welcome to our home!" Keith chirped. I looked around in awe. It was a pretty home. The walls were a cream white and there were paintings on them. The living room and kitchen were connected. In the living room, there was a maroon L-shaped couch, a dark wood coffee table, and a large TV. The kitchen had marble countertops and dark wood cabinets, with an island in the middle of the kitchen with the sink and dishwasher. The fridge was on the wall beside the counter. I turned to see Pico looking at me. He had a smirk on his face and was crossing his arms, leaning against the front door. "Pick your jaw up off the floor, idiot." He snickered, giving me a playful punch in the arm. "Oh shut up!" Cherry yelled from across the kitchen. Her back was towards us and she was preparing something.
Keith lead me over to the couch and i sat down quietly, placing my hands on my knees. I looked up to meet his energetic but soft gaze. "Are you sure I can stay here?" I asked him. "Of course, silly! Consider yourself part of the family now. You arent losing us." He smiled and gave me a hopeful thumbs up. I couldnt help but tear up. I had only known them for what.. an hour? And they had already helped me so much. "Thank you." Keith nodded.
"We dont have enough beds so youll have to sleep here for the time being." He said, patting the wine colored couch. "Thats fine!" I smiled and nodded happily. I looked around. "Where'd Pico go?" I asked. I looked into the kitchen and didn't see him there either. Cherry walked over with a plate of cookies in her hands. "Oh. He probably went outside to smoke. Dont mind him!" She said reassuringly. I flinched. "...oh" I replied with a quiet mumble.
"Something wrong?" She asked me, her eyes beginning to fill with concern. "N-no! Of course not. I just didn't know he smoked, thats all. Hehe.." I stammered, my face flushing a slight pink. I didnt want to tell them about my bad experiences, so i just kept it to myself. 'They dont need to know. Especially Pico.. he might hate me if he finds out.' I thought to myself with a slight shudder. "Well," Cherry placed the cookie plate on the table. "Im gonna leave these here for you, okay? Me and Keith are gonna go upstairs."
"We are?" Keith asked, reaching for a cookie. Cherry slapped the blue haired boy's hand away and dragged him by his ear. "Yeah. We are."
"OW OW OW OW!! OKAY OKAY!!" Keith yelped.
I laughed a bit before grabbing a cookie off of the plate. They were chocolate chip and seemed to be fresh. They had a golden brown look and smelled delicious. I took my phone out of my pocket and turned it on.

"-5 MISSED MESSAGES FROM baby <3"

I groaned and tapped on the messages

(2:53) Baby <3: Im so sorry

(3:07) Baby <3: y/n

(3:11) Baby <3: i didn't mean it i was just mad

(3:25) Baby <3: please come back

(3:39) Baby <3: i dont know what to do without you

I laughed quietly and changed his contact name before typing up a response.
(4:03) You: i dont need you anymore :)

I hit the block caller button and shut off my phone, looking at one of the paintings in the living room. I admired the small details and colors. There were different colored roses along the edges of the paintings. A variety of blues, reds, and yellows. In the middle there was a painting of the moon but it appeared to be pink. I really liked the painting. It made me feel calm, but exhaustion also washed over me. Eventually I felt myself drift off into a relieved sleep.