Chapter 5

I want to go home. It's only 10:40AM and I already want to go home.

To my surprise, the day goes by pretty fast and before I know it, I am in my last class. I sit down next to a blonde girl that I can't yet see the face of because she her cheek is pressed against the desk and faced the other way. When she lifts up her face, she turns her head around and looks me up and down. It's the girl that was standing with the asshole.

She tries introducing herself.
"Hey! I'm Madison!", she says in a cheery voice. Before I can reply, she says,
"I'm so sorry about before. That was my boyfriend, he's a bit of an asshole sometimes", Sometimes?
"I'm Madeline", I murmur back.
"I think my boyfriend needs to apologise to you, I can already tell you don't like me and that's not okay", there is a hint of anger in her tone.
"No, no, no! I don't hate you! I promise" I say with a fake smile.
"Well then, what are you doing after class? Can I take you somewhere?", she smiles and what looks like a splash of excitement flows through her eyes. Where? How do I know she's not going to kill me?
"Uhhh...where" I say with a shaky voice.
"My friends place, pleaseeeee" she pleads. Should I trust her? Oh well, let's do it.
"Okay". I text my brother telling him I won't be home until the evening because I am going to drive and see Ellie. Right now, I wish I was.

We get into her car and we're off. We exit onto the highway, woah we are going far away!

50 minutes later, we pull up onto a driveway.

I step out of the car, making sure my phone is not in my lap. I really need to go get a new phone. I can barely see anything on this one.

She opens the door.
My eyes feast upon the most disgusting house I have every seen.