Chapter X: Safe.

I awoke to the feeling of the sun piercing through my windows, my face was hot but my body was cold and tired. I turned over and hugged my blankets. In that basement it was impossible to sleep. Now my bed felt like my lifeline.

I heard Naomi and Georgia talking near my door.

"Did Béa say what she did with the body?" Georgia asked Naomi.

"No, apparently she just left it somewhere! If she doesn't stop leaving a trail sooner or later people are going to realise what she did and we will all go down!"

"Completely agree! We cannot just let her wreak havoc on another "man of the law"!"

Ever since we left La Belle I knew my mom was up to something, and now, I know what! 

I thought as I laid in bed. I silently made a pact with myself to get up the courage to confront her.
Naomi opened the door, and her and Georgia came waltzing on into my room. ( not literally waltzing of course.)
Them and the sun were battling for who could irritate me the most.

Naomi walked up and sat down on my covers.
"Happy Birthday, Sweetheart."

"Shh"

"Sophie! You are 19 today, that means something! It's also Easter Sunday so get up! We're gonna throw you a birthday garden party." Georgia said.

I sat up abruptly and looked them in the eyes.
"No offense Naomi but I have bigger things to care about. Frankly, you know my history with birthdays. All I wanna do today is survive, period. Thank you! I mean it, really! But, I don't like birthdays" I said and I laid back down.

"Sophie, we are supposed to put you in that dress and send you downstairs for the garden party."

I glanced at the chair Naomi nodded to when she said "that" and on it laid the most prissy dress I had ever laid eyes on.

It was Yellow and had the most tulle and cloth roses I had ever seen on a fluffy dress.

"Okay, fine, I will play long. But only as long as I can choose my own outfit for today, anything I want."

"Deal!" Naomi said quickly. And her and Georgia left.
I had an idea.

I snuck into Louis's room and stole a pair of dress pants.
When I got back I dug around in my own closet and uncovered a white shirt.