Chapter 8 - Teardrops on my Guitar

Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,
And she's got everything that I have to live without.

Drew talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

Teardrops on my Guitar ~ Taylor Swift

***

A/N

For the first time so far in this little story, we hear from Edward this chapter. I hope you enjoy an insight into his mind, and please, bare in mind that I do believe in HEA eventually.

Also, the picture... 😂😂😂 Robert Pattinson as his finest (not)!

Lucy xX

***

The moment I returned home after the Christmas dance, I flew to my bedroom, past my parents, and flung myself down on my bed, sobbing. I couldn't help it. I'd held it together for another hour and a half, before I decided that I wanted to leave. I couldn't stand there, pretending to be happy that my friendship with Edward was restored, when really, I was breaking into pieces.

I couldn't control my sobs as I attempted to muffle them in my pillow. I fisted my hands in my duvet, knowing that I was smudging the little make-up I was wearing. Besides which, I was being utterly pathetic. I loathed myself, but I couldn't stop. Damn love.

There was a tentative knock on my door which had me bolting upright. "Can I come in?" came the voice of my mother.

"No."

She ignored me, and opened the door anyway. "What happened, honey?"

"Since when do you give a shit?" I snapped.

"I'm your mother. Of course I care."

"You don't act like it very often."

"I'm sorry, Bella. I'm sorry. Talk to me."

"Please just leave me alone, Mum."

She gave me a sorrowful look. "Bella-"

"Please."

"You're still my little girl. I still love you."

"You haven't said that since I was about twelve."

"Well I do. And I always have. So does your father."

"Just get out of my room. Now!" I couldn't quell my tears again, and allowed them to flow down my cheeks. Thankfully, my mother decided that she couldn't deal with my tears, so she left my room, shutting the door quietly as she left me to cry out Edward Cullen.

***

Alice and Jasper immediately noticed that something was wrong the following morning, but they weren't my mother. They didn't try to prise the information from me instantly. But by the time we reached school, Alice couldn't control herself, and demanded to know what was upsetting me so much.

"Edward," I murmured.

"What? But you made up, didn't you?" Alice asked, frowning.

"Yes, we did. But he- he told me that he fancies a girl. A girl who looks right through him."