| Chapter 5 | Dreadful Nightmare |

Começar do início

"Yeah, I know," I say, finishing another bullet and putting it in the second case.

Hayato picks the second case up and then pauses. He turns to look at me, "Have you been using your quirk, at least?"

I sigh and rub my forehead, "No, you should know by now how my quirk works, and it's nothing when it's compared to Eri's."

He scoffs and turns around. "Right. Well, it'd help the girl cope. I'm sure she wants to leave, so can't you just try to make her torture more bearable?"

I close the first case and think about his words more carefully.

"I have never met Overhaul or heard of the guy until last month, but considering what you told me with Eri, it sounds like something he'd say."

I stand up, the bullet case in my hands. "Hm. Yeah, I understand what you're saying.. I think once we're done with these, I might go talk to her. She's been looking exhausted."

He sighs and starts walking towards the door. "Speaking of Y/N, does she need her blood extracted today?"

"No, I'm giving her a break today. She has been losing a lot of blood, after all. Unlike when she was with Overhaul she can't just simply get a reset."

Hayato raised his eyebrow as he opened the door. "A reset? The hell is that?"

I started to explain to him what it was as we walked down the corridor.

|| 8:30 AM, in your new room. ||

"56, 57, 58, 59, 60.. w-what is that? Thirty m-minutes by now?"

You were laying down on your bed, staring at the ceiling counting how many minutes were going by. You couldn't find anything to do, so you resorted to this.

Using your elbows and support, you pushed yourself up and sighed. "Let's go again, I g-guess.."

Looking down at your fingers, you raised them up and back down again for every second, counting another minute. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.."

|| 8:31 AM, in your new room. ||

After counting another minute, you decided that you were done with that, and pondered what to do next.

Normally you would sleep, but you would keep having nightmares about Overhaul as well as whoever the person who stabbed you was, and that would terrify you and wake you up, so you gave up on that option.

You slowly drag yourself over to the edge of the bed and remember the vision you had last week, when you were in the blood extraction room and were squeezing your eyes shut, pleading for the feeling of sharp blades piercing your arms and legs to stop. It was strange, to say the least.

You saw your parents holding their arms out to hug you, smiles on both of their faces. You were in a house, in a living room with two windows with curtains on the side of the room. The curtains were pushed aside, letting sunlight beam through both windows. It was warm in there. But the house, the unfamiliar warmth, your parents smiling, that wasn't what was strange to you.

Although it was just a vision, you could almost feel your emotions when you saw it. Your face, specifically your mouth, felt bizarre. It felt as if it was curved upward, and that you truly felt happy. Just like your parents. You didn't think about it until after the brutal extraction, but that might have just been..

A smile. A genuine smile.

"I wish.. I knew.. what smiling f-felt like.. down here.." you said, getting off of the bed. "An-And, even if it wasn't.. a-a real one.. I wish I knew h-how to do it.."