Chapter 46 - Kaminari

Start from the beginning

"Ew, stay away, you're gonna give me Lyme disease," Reyna whined, but I noticed that she had her hands clinging to my shirt to bring me closer to her. I straightened my body out to hug her to my chest while the end credits rolled on the screen.

"It's so sad, he dies and his love will never get him back! I can't imagine losing y- someone I'm with like that." She finished, grabbing a tissue to hand it to me while I nodded in understanding, I couldn't help but mull over the way she changed her word at the last second.

Was she really going to say me? Does she actually love me back, damn it?!

"Hey, Angel, do you-"

"Hey, lovebirds, are you guys going to come downst- hold on. Am I interrupting something?" Sero entered, pointing between the two of us with a suspecting expression and that same huge ass grin. Kirishima stuck out his head from behind Sero and gave a wave to Florence before tackling her away from me with his "manly hugs." I sighed, kind of irritated that they did in fact interrupt my alone time with her.

"Yeah, the flea was finally gonna propose to me and make me his wife while we run away from U.A and travel the world as heroes with provisional licenses, like the healthy version of Bonnie and Clyde." I wasn't surprised at Florence's response. We would often joke with each other like that to anyone who questioned the state of our friendship, except I wasn't joking when I would slip in love confessions to her every now and then. I noticed that she didn't flirt with anyone else at all, but could her words even be considered as flirting? She told me she had no friends before us and she wasn't the best for social interactions, but she was always so open and playful with me. Her reserved personality would come out around 2-B or in lunch, she'd stick around me to stay quiet or go off with Jirou and listen to music.

"Are you guys actually together?" Kirishima questioned, releasing his hold on Florence so we could walk to the commons.

"Yeah, how many times do we gotta say it?" Florence responded, stretching out her arms to walk alongside me.

Jeez, Angel. If only we were actually together, I wouldn't have to hold myself back from wanting to show you real affection. Would there be much of a difference if we began dating? We spent so much time together doing mundane things or training, I was always all over her in some way whether it was holding her hand or hugging her or clinging to her while she swatted me. We both supported each other and could spend hours talking about anything that was on both of our minds, but sometimes we were both too dreary to make conversation so we would spend it on my bed in silence with loud music blasting.

Still, there wasn't a moment with her where I wasn't happy. I always wondered if she felt the same way.

She was pulled away from me when Mina got a hold of her, hugging her tightly while she led her away from us and to the kitchen. I got settled into the single recliner in the room while everyone formed a disarrayed circle towards the rug with a game of Uno in the center. All the girls were here along with myself, Kirishima, Sero, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Ojiro, Midoriya, Sato and Mineta.

Florence had a thing for brownies, she loved them with a passion and when I needed her help with studying, all I had to do was show her the sugary sweet and she'd comply with whatever I needed. But now, she was helping Tsu and Mina with the homemade pizza so we could all eat together and put on a movie later. I watched her, the way she swayed her hips slightly when she got excited over the smell of food and how her short hair framed her face nicely. She was somewhat short but that girl's intimidating manner and quiet attitude always made her seem taller, she terrified me whenever I'd see her fight against Bakugo, Todoroki, or Midoriya, but her ferocity was one of my favorite things about her. She had a way for refusing to listen to anyone but herself, she was stubborn and intelligent, a dangerous combo if you ask me.