Chapter 19: Discussions

Start from the beginning

George smiled and put his hand on his brother's shoulder. 'Breathe Fred, and relax. Just take it one day at a time, be her friend. Not a creepy stalker.' 

Fred smiled and pushed his brother playfully 'Oh shut it George.' 

George grinned at him 'Come on let's head to Potions.'

Emalia tied back her hair and looked in the mirror. 'Nope, hair up makes me look like I am dying.' 

Instead she left her long silvery blonde hair mostly down, she used a hairband to push her hair out of her eyes. She held her wand up to her face, carefully pointing it at the dark circles under her eyes, concentrating on those dark circles, she made them disappear.

Finally she at least resembled her normal self. She sighed, she knew taking the potion was going to take its toll on her, especially in school. She would have to be craftier, figure out a way to make her outer appearance seem normal the days after she took the potion.

'I will have to talk to Albus about this later' she murmured to herself before picking up her bag, swinging it over her shoulder and heading down to the dungeons for double potions.

Emalia arrived early, most people were probably still at breakfast. She sat down on the cool floor, leaned her head back against the wall and closed her eyes. She opened them when she heard footsteps walking towards her, and two voices talking and laughing. 

Soon two red headed boys appeared, smiling when they noticed her. Emalia smiled back. 'Morning Em' called George as he walked up to her.

She was about to get up from the ground when Fred offered his hand to help her up. She smiled at him and took his hand. 'Thank you Fred.' 

'Anytime Emalia' There was a brief moment of silence between them. 'How are you feeling?' asked Fred concern clearly playing across his face. 

'I am fine now, I promise. I just needed some sleep.' Responded Emalia. She appreciated his concern, but she wanted to relieve his concern, she didn't want him to worry. 'I get sick sometimes, but all I ever need is about a day's worth of sleep' she said laughing. 

George smiled heartily, and the beginnings of a smile played in the corners of Fred's mouth. They were all chatting as Alicia, Angelina and Lee walked up to them.

Suddenly the door of the dungeon flung open. 'As much as I hate to interrupt what I assume is a riveting discussion, maybe you take your seats in the classroom' drawled Snape as he looked down at the group standing in front of him. 

They all filed in to the classroom, the Slytherins already in the class. Adrian smiled at Emalia as she passed him and she returned his smile. Fred, noticing this scowled and sent daggers in Adrian's direction.

Potions went by pretty quickly without much excitement. They were tackling the Fire Protection Potion, by the end of the class only Emalia had managed to complete the potion to Snape's standards. He did not sneer as he inspected it, and even awarded Emalia five house points. Everyone looked shocked when they heard Snape award another house points.

'Miss Potter, please wait after class' said Snape as the students were cleaning up before they left. She nodded and turned to Alicia 'I'll catch up with you in History of Magic'. 

Everyone left and Emalia sat down somewhat apprehensive about what Professor Snape wanted to talk to her about. 'As I make your potion, I would like to know how it affects you.' He looked at her expectantly.

Emalia sighed 'It's not really pleasant to take Sir. It burns and it hurts and then I feel nothing for a while. But it leaves me exhausted. Even now I feel like I could sleep until tomorrow morning.'