Chapter 2

Denny's POV:

After two days in the hospital, I get to take my baby girl home. I couldn't sleep in the hospital. Since finding out my heart condition, I'm afraid of falling asleep whilst in hospitals incase I don't wake up. I lived in Memphis with my parents but after getting different doctors opinions - I just ran away. I met Lucy in Seattle, after a couple months of dating we were smitten and got married. How am I going to raise Caitlan without Lucy?

Me and Caitlan finally got home. Let's just say I have quite a bit of money - we've got a huge house with a pool. When Lucy found out about my heart condition she hired a nurse called Janette to live with us to help me when I need it. I'm definitely going to need her help, especially with Caitlan having a heart condition that's the same as mine.

I sat myself down on the sofa and got Caitlan out of her car seat. "Welcome home babygirl." I whispered. I gave her a bottle and she went straight to sleep. I laid her in her basket and thought I'd take a nap.

It's been atleast an hour until I heard Caitlan crying. Thankfully I didn't wake abruptly and didn't set off my heart. Janette was cradling her in her arms. "Is she okay?" I asked. "Yeah Denny, she just needs a diaper change." Janette handed Caitlan over. I got a good whiff - she wasn't bloody kidding! "How can a little thing like you make such a big smell eh?" I said and Caitlan just gazed up at me. I changed her diaper and just held my baby girl close.

It's bedtime and Caitlan just won't settle. I've fed her, changed her diaper and even tried giving her a pacifier. Think Denny think! Janette was stood next to my bed. "Try singing to her Denny." I looked at Janette thinking she was joking but she was dead serious. Okay, think of a song. I love Luther Vandross' music. I could try and make one of his songs into own version. I held Caitlan to my chest. "Ok let's give this a try baby girl, Ummm:

Whilst you're still a child
Before life removes all your innocence
I want to lift you high
And dance with your mommy and you and then
Spin you around til you fall asleep
Then up the stairs I will carry you
And you'll know for sure you're loved
If I could get a single chance
A single walk
A single dance with you
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love to dance with my daughter again"

I looked down and Caitlan was fast asleep. "That was beautiful Denny." Janette said wiping some tears. I forgot she was in here. "It seems Caitlan calms when she's close to you, maybe try having her in the bed next to you, if anything goes wrong, well I've got the other baby monitor in my room. Goodnight Denny" Janette went to bed.

"Ok baby girl, just you and me" I whispered and laid Caitlan down next to me. I planted a kiss on her tiny forehead. "Night night sweetheart, daddy will always love you. And I know mommy does too." I whispered and fell asleep.

Hey guys this is chapter two! I hope y'all like it!