She'd decided it was her duty to keep up to date on the goings on in the world, or more specifically any new Death Eater attacks. Sirius tried to tell her she was being paranoid, but it kept her mind at ease knowing their movements.

One morning, the usual topic was brought up whilst Ellie sketched casually in her book, and everyone else ate. She was doodling Sirius' side profile and it had proved to be a tricky task as he shoved syrup-soaked pancakes in his mouth.

"I just don't want you panicking all the time. Dumbledore said himself there's nothing you can do right now." Neither of the pair wanted to argue, but Sirius was just concerned for her well-being. Ellie didn't reply, keeping her head down as she continued to draw, and the handsome boy sighed as he placed his knife and fork down. Turning to face her properly so he had her attention, Sirius waited until she set her pencil down and looked at him too, "You know I just care Cubby."

Brushing strands of hair out of her face that fell from her ponytail, he smiled at the beautiful girl's pouty expression. He knew that she'd grown tired of them having the same conversation about her need to read every edition of the Daily Prophet suddenly, yet he continued to remind her that as long as they were around, as long as he was around, no one would touch her.

Rolling her eyes and nodding, Ellie sighed once more, but it only made Sirius' eyes light up, and he moved forward quickly to bump his forehead with hers. Remus choked on his tea, convinced for a second his friend was leaning in the kiss her, and James stifled laughs as he did so.

They'd all grown accustomed to how close the pair had become recently, but that didn't make it any more normal. It was weird to Remus, for he was so used to them skirting around their feelings and never getting anywhere in the process, but now they were openly holding hands (as much more than friends) as they went back to eating and sketching. He was very pleased, but it still came as a shock.

James on the other hand was ready to rejoice every time he saw them together. Which was extremely often. The messy haired boy did half wish they'd spend more time working towards their exams than they did, but he was so relieved that they were finally on the road to being together, that he didn't actually mind too much.

Whereas Peter would screw up his face every time they gazed at each other too long, or just sat a little too close to be innocent friendship. It wasn't that he wasn't happy for them, he'd just not exactly seen it coming, and it grossed him out slightly how close they actually were. Part of it was jealousy too, for the smallest Marauder wished he had a girl that looked at him the way Ellie looked at Sirius, and he knew that would never happen, so he'd only grew slightly bitter at the situation.

James struck up a conversation about how on earth he was going to be able to fit all his homework and revision around Quidditch practice that would be starting soon, giving Remus time to recover from nearly choking, and Ellie suggested that he stop trying to kiss up to all his teachers for them to give him better grades, so he had more time to focus on the sport. Pushing her in the side of the head playfully, James flashed her a crude hand gesture, but the topic of conversation had inadvertently drawn an unwanted visitor.

"Did I hear the word Quidditch?" Darren Wayne had come up behind where Ellie, Sirius and James were sat and the whole group visibly tensed.

"Oh Darren, lovely..." The sarcasm that oozed from James' words made Ellie scowl, but the sixth year didn't seem to have noticed the foul tone the messy haired boy used.

Endeavouring to deter Darren away, Sirius lifted his and Ellie's intertwined hands off the table slightly and back down again, coughing to draw attention. Remus tried not to laugh at the obvious jealousy that was radiating off of Sirius, but his poor attempt to be subtle had only made Ellie frown more. She wouldn't be a pawn he could use to assert his dominance, and she let go of his hand quickly, grabbing her sketchbook instead.