wannabe hero

You and the team arrive at the Project Insight headquarters.

You quietly defeat some SHIELD agents along the way to get to where you need to go. You were suited up in the suit that your father made personally for you. You hated that some of it was on child lock, but Nat found out a way to unlock it.

The man on the PA speaks and you rushed to a locked door.

"Well? Smash it." You point with your head.

"Who do you think I am? Banner?" Steve scoffed as the door immediately opened itself by a tech.

He's faced with Steve's shield and you, Sam and Hill pointing a gun at him.

"Excuse us." Steve smiled.

The tech holds his hands up and steps aside to let you enter.

The PA comes in clearer in the room. Pierce speaks to the World Security Council.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful."

You kept the gun to the tech as Steve takes over the microphone and speaks over the PA for everyone in the building can hear.

The tech flinches.

"Ah, don't you even dare." You glare at him and motion the gun.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Steve sets down the mic and glanced over to you and Sam.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked as he nods in agreement. You turned to Steve and smile lightly.

"Come on." Steve, you and Sam make your way to the Helicarriers.

"Hey, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam questioned, looking at the men coming at you.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." You answered, ducking the shots coming at you.

Sam, in his Falcon suit, flies off and Steve and you head down. Suddenly, more shots are being thrown at you.

Steve stopped quickly and blocked you and him with his shield.

"Stay here." He demanded you.

"What? No, I'm-" You ran with Steve but he blocked you with the shield.

"Y/N, I'm not asking." His eyes raised then he rushed over to the agents and fought them off swiftly.

You groaned and turned to the Helicarriers which were about to launch.

"Sorry, Steve." You sprinted to one of the helicarriers,

"Hey, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam speaks over the ear piece.

"You okay?" You glanced up at the sky to try and spot him.

"I'm not dead yet."

"Falcon, status?"