Approximately 30m to their right was the queue up for the entrance. There were several dozens of people in line with their eyes all now on them; the expressions on their faces were quite hard to explain in human's words but a few were already laughing their heads off.

"Fuck, who was it that led the way?!" Pan Zhi questioned in complete devastation.

"Fengfeng?"[2] Li Yuqing said.

"It wasn't me," Hu Feng immediately defended himself, "I came out behind Da Li!"

"Me?" Li Song stared blankly for a beat in confusion, even making some awkward gestures with his hands. "I seem to have done a... door opening action?"

"Moron!" Pan Zhi jumped on him and beat him with his fist quite a few times. Under his guidance, they all went up to give Li Song a few beats each.

°

Since they were already out, it was impossible to get back in again, so all they could do was wear a long face that said "we honestly just went the wrong way" as they walked away from the haunted house with the eyes of the people in line still following their shadows.

"Let's go take a look at that ancient pagoda?" Xu Meng suggested, "Since it's a cultural attraction, it should be pretty interesting."

"En." Gu Fei took out his cellphone to look at the time, "After we go up and come out of the pagoda... it should be about time to eat something. There's a pretty good place in the park, let me ask where it is first."

"Do you also have a poor sense of direction?" Li Yuqing asked jokingly. "You can't even remember where the place to eat is located?"

"It's not that," Gu Fei said as he dialed a number. "The last time I came here was during the spring outing in elementary school."

"Huh?" Li Yuqing was perplexed by his statement. "I saw that there's also an amusement park and even a zoo here. If it was me, I'd probably come to play several times a semester ah."

"This just goes to show how you're not right in the mind."[3] Pan Zhi had to chime in.

"You're the one that's not right in the mind!" Li Yuqing glared at him.

°

Gu Fei walked to the side, probably to call Liu Fan's brother again to ask where the place to eat was.

Jiang Cheng looked at the silhouette of his back against the light.

Whether it be at a theatre, or an amusement park, activities of entertainment for Gu Fei seemed to have waned to a stagnant state in the past. Jiang Cheng himself had an aversion to outings to the amusement park but had gone a number of times with classmates and friends, and even after the school canceled the spring and fall trips, they always went together just the same.

Gu Fei's life stood unflowing in the steel mills; aside from the few times he cut classes to venture out, it wasn't hard to see that had always remained around those very steel mills.

Jiang Cheng's life over the past few months would have also been the same. If it was not for Gu Fei, everything around him - this very world - seemed to have frozen in time, with everyone trailing along on the same few streets beneath their feet, a perennial existence trapped in this small, confined space.

Living in a depressive and feeble tincture of corporeity.

This kind of life could be borne for one or two days, sufferable with gritted teeth for a month or two, and could possibly cause one to explode in a year or two, however. Jiang Cheng walked to a nearby trashcan and lit up a cigarette, holding the tip in his mouth. Nevertheless, after some time ah, one might become accustomed to it all – whether there lingered feelings of helplessness or resignation – and eventually settle in.

SAYE [Run Freely]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara