Mermaid Tails

It turns out life isn’t a puzzle that can be solved one time and it’s done. You wake up every day, and you solve it again..... Okay, maybe I have been watching too much of "The Good Place" lately. However, I am right in a way. I keep seeing all of these puzzles and I can only get so many done in a life time.

Everyone was gathered in the library. Spirits were low. Everyone was ready to give up. However, Matt was the only one being vocal about it.

"Do you not see a pattern here?" Matt asked. "Do you guys get where I'm coming from?"

"Okay," Justine stated. "But we can't, like, just give up. Otherwise, we're good as dead."

"I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel here." Matt stated. "I mean, you did bring us here to kill us." Justine sighed and picked up the priests journal.

"Well," Justine stated. "Why don't we just try going and finding the next owner so we can free it and get on with our lives." Everyone agreed.

"Alright," LeLe stated. "Alright." Justine looked at the journal and saw a drawing of a mythical sea creature.

"Is that a mermaid?" Justine questioned.

"Oh?" LeLe asked. "A mermaid?" Justine looked at the writing next to the drawing.

"Madison developed a taste for men," Justine read. "And soon the pool was filled with her victims. In time, her conscience began to whisper and the guilt weakened her. The house moved on to another owner, keeping her trapped in the house. The key to her room rests on the first floor and can only be found by breaking open the world." Eva looked over at a globe.

"The world!" Eva beamed, pointing to the globe.

"Oh," Tim stated. "The world." Justine and Eva grabbed the globe and got it out of its stand. Justine lifted it up and smashed it on the table. It didn't do anything.

"I think," Eva stated. "We should step on it."

"Yeah." Justine stated. "Let's do it." Shane grabbed the globe, placed it on the floor, and smashed it.

"Yeah!" Tim cheered.

"Whoop!" LeLe shouted. Shane looked at the wreckage.

"There's nothing in it?" Eva asked. Justine threw her hands in the air.

"Alright," Justine stated. "That's not the world."

"So," Tim asked. "What could it be?"

"Here's another globe." LeLe stated, bringing it over.

"Great." Justine stated.

"Can I break it?" LeLe asked.

"Yeah," Shane replied. "Yeah, just do it." LeLe tossed it, causing it to roll across the table and land on the floor. Justine stomped on the globe.

"I think we're doing this wrong." Justine stated.

"We broke the world." Eva stated.

"The key to the room," Shane reread. "Is on the first floor."

"This is the first floor." Eva stated.

"Right." Shane stated. "I knew that." Everyone began looking around.

"Oh," Matt stated. "There's a world map in the foyer." LeLe walked over and took the map off the wall.

"I don't know..." Justine muttered.

"I don't know if we need to break it," Matt stated. "I was just saying there's a map." Tim ripped the map up.

"We just made that demon extra angry," Tim stated. "Cause we broke some, like, really nice globes." Justine sighed.