chapter 3 ~ can't stop me by cnblue

"I laugh at even a single word from you."

Over the past week, Yeosang has visited the cafe more times he could count. His sudden disappearances from home rised suspicion in his roommates: Seonghwa and Wooyoung. Both tried questioning the other on the mini trips he took outside, but he always found a way out of answering. Neither thought Yeosang was even aware of the sudden change in his behavior.

Most days he went to the cafe, he didn't even stay long.

The 20-year-old would walk in. Look around. Order something. Look around again. Grab his order and thank the worker. Take one last glance around before returning home.

Truthfully, Wooyoung and Seonghwa wouldn't have been bothered by the spike of activity in their friend's life if he knew how many times he was doing this. It wasn't just a few times throughout the week. On two days, Yeosang had gone during every break he got, and then another three times throughout the evening after his classes had already ended.

Only thing his friends knew was the visits somehow corresponded with the other 20-year-old that Yeosang never stopped talking about.

Clearly, if he wanted to see her this bad, Yeosang could've just texted the girl. However, he didn't want to come off as pushy nor clingy. And, maybe, he also didn't know what to send as a first message.

"You're here awfully early."

The giggle that followed had Yeosang quickly look up from his phone. A gentle smile of his own appeared.

"Hey."

"Hey," she shot back and sat across from him. "What's brought you here so early?"

Yeosang shrugged and removed his hood. "Just needed to get out the apartment."

"Yeah? Roommate trouble?" She joked.

"Not yet." He laughed. "Left before I could be there to witness it."

He ruffled with his pink strands a bit, feeling off with his hair free out the cage of the the beanies he usually wore.

He squirmed in his seat, starting to feel anxious under her stare. However, he noticed she wasn't looking directly at him. Moreso, almost right past him with curiosity pooling her eyes.

"What? What is it?" Yeosang suddenly asked, worried someone near was making her uncomfortable. Or worse, he was.

She gently shook her head and mumbled about it being nothing.

With lips barely parted and head slightly tilted, Yeosang tried coming up with she could be so afraid of talking about. He knew the chances of the topic being personal to her were high. Yet, for some reason he felt what she had to say dealt with him as well.

Deciding to take the chance, he commented on what he believed she noticed.

"Birthmark."

"What?" She asked, looking back up with a confused gaze.

He softly smiled while pointing to the corner of his eye. "It's a birthmark."

"Do youㅡ" Kyungmi stopped herself again, feeling she may overstep a boundary.

Yeosang reached across the table and slid a hand over hers. "No, it's alright. Ask."

Blushing furiously, Kyungmi averted her eyes to the window besides them. Having such an effect on the girl caused him to giggle.

"I was going to ask if you normally felt insecure about it," she quietly answered, still too shy to meet his eyes.

For a moment, his hand started to retreat as her question took him by surprise. He went from leaning comfortably against the table to sitting with perfect posture as he stared at her with little to no emotion.