― weeekly calendar + debut album review.

Start from the beginning

All in all, I'm really satisfied with the outcome of the calendar, (even though I didn't include anywhere to write the month.) I would love to hear what you think of it!

Weeekly's Concept

If I had to describe Weeekly's discography in one word, it'd be "Teenager." Many of the members are teenagers themselves, and their songs don't stray away from sharing the teenager experience. Whether it's the playful freedom of youth or the frustration that comes with emotions, Weeekly's music truly radiates teen crush kpop!

I'd also like to add that I'm absolutely in love with Weeekly's concept. Many fourth-generation kpop groups, especially girl groups, have been strutting into the industry with very dark concepts, which has ultimately dulled out recent kpop music. Weeekly's vibrant, upbeat concept has been so refreshing to see! In addition, their music has shown some great potential for kpop music-wise.

Weeekly's concept also creates a great way to show off the group's chemistry. Darker concepts can split members apart into their own individual characters, whereas carefree, playful concepts can give members a lot of room to just have fun with each other, and I absolutely love it! One of the biggest things that attracts me to a kpop group is when they have an insanely strong bond, and you can easily see how strong Weeekly's bond is. It's just incredible how their chemistry jumps out in their music. Without a doubt, they're one of my favorite kpop groups. 

Album Review