Chapter 2 Still. Not. Bitten

2549 words

The injured girl woke up to two voices arguing. Her eyes slowly fluttered open to see she was being carried by the same man she saw before she blacked out. She groaned in pain. "Hey, you're awake." The man smiled down at her, his calm voice blocking out the argument in the background. Clem stayed silent, letting their footsteps fill her ears. "I'm Luke." The man said. Luke looked up from Clementine "Louis, you shouldn't have rushed in like that! what would your brother do if you got bit!" An older man frowned at a dreadlocked boy. "Pete, I can handle myself!" The dread head snarled. "that's Pete and Louis." Luke sighed. Pete sighed and mumbled, "you can tell he's a troubled youth." Pete whispered to himself. Louis caught up to Luke and Clementine. "Hey" Louis tried to start. "Hey," Clem said back. Luke chuckled. "So, are you gonna tell us your name?" Luke raised a brow, still carrying the girl. "Clementine." She answered. "Well, Clementine we are taking you back to our place. It's a little cabin in the woods, we have a group there too." Luke smiled.

Pete then caught up to the three. There was a silence then Clementine spoke. "I can walk you know, my leg isn't broken." Clementine raised a brow "No, it's fine, Clem you need to keep your strength up." Clementine rolled her eyes. Clementine looked over to Louis who was holding a chair leg. " What is that?" Clem laughed. Louis turned his head to see that she was Looking at his signature weapon. "Oh, this? it's a chair leg I call it Chairles." Louis smiled confidently. "I had to mutilate one of the chairs back at the cabin... My brother wasn't that happy about it." Clem rolled her eyes but in reality, she wanted to chuckle.

after a little while, The four were still walking through the woods. the sky was now turning darker as the mud caved in beneath their feet. "So Clem-" Luke stopped himself before widening his eyes. "Holy shit" He screamed as he dropped Clem, letting her fall with a thud. "Luke, what's wrong!?" Pete questioned. Louis's eyes widened when Luke suddenly dropped her. "S-she's bitten!" Luke shuddered. "Look at her forearm." he pointed. Then he started pacing. "What are we gonna do?" Louis looked sympathetic. "It was a dog, I got bit by a dog!" Clem said. "We didn't see no dogs back there Clementine." Pete sighed. "There were lurkers all around you." Luke breathed, facepalming. "I believe her." Louis smiled, Chairles still hoisted on his shoulder. Pete and Luke look toward The dread head with raised eyebrows. "Where was the dog!?" Luke suddenly shot to Clem. "I killed it!" Clem snarled. Luke and Louis widened their eyes. "You killed a dog!" Luke shook his head. "What the hell would you do!?" Pete pinched the bridge of his nose. "I don't know! just... you don't kill dogs...?" Luke softened his voice. Clementine stood up. She was holding her blood-covered arm with her healthy arm. "I'm fine you can..." Clementine stopped herself, her eyes started to feel heavy and she mumbled something unidentifiable. Clementine then collapsed onto the ground as Luke reached out for the girl.

She woke up to arguing, lots of arguing. she could faintly hear multiple people snarling directly over her. The subtle breeze swayed a blade of grass, tickling her nose. her eyes slowly sprawled open. She saw Luke, Pete, and someone she thought was Louis. He was considerably taller than the younger boy and most of the same features as The dread head. The only differences were that his hair was slightly shorter and curly, he had no freckles and his skin tone was slightly lighter. He also wore a tattered trench coat. as her eyes were still adjusting she looked around to see the others. Standing over her was a man that looked a bit younger than Luke, had stubble and a reddish cap with a C on it, he was armed with a rifle. There was a black pregnant lady who was doing most of the shouting, a close second being the guy with the cap. What looked like the pregnant lady's husband was standing right behind her. He was a larger fellow with soft eyes behind a pair of brown glasses.

"Where am-" Clementine tried to speak over the aguing but when she did, a loud boom echoed through her ears. there was now dirt sprinkled onto her face as her ear made a constant high-pitched screech. she looked to the left to see there was a hole right next to her ear. She then looked back to see the whole group was staring at her. Pete groaned and took a step toward the guy with the cap and rifle. He looked the most surprised. "finger off the trigger son." Pete snarled, taking the weapon from his reach. "I'm not your son" he replied. "Jesus, Nick just shut the fuck up! you almost took this kid's face off for christ's sake!" The Louis look-alike snapped. "Not to mention you probably attracted every lurker in a mile radius." The pregnant lady mumbled. Clementine furrowed her eyes and groaned. "Luke? Pete? What's happening." Clementine croaked. "Hey Clem, it's okay, we have a doctor inside he's gonna help you." Luke smiled. Clementine then stood back up. "Luke, She. Is. Bitten, it's obvious she's just trying to stop the inevitable." The pregnant lady snarled. "Just give her a chance Rebecca." Pete frowned.