Chapter 1.

Shuffling around in your bed, you slowly opened your eyes, groggily revealing the dim moonlight shining through your window. You sat up and crossed your arms, compacted tightly against your stomach for warmth since it was cold. Looking over to the right, you noticed your alarm clock. The green letters glowing in the darkness.

"3:49 AM." You grumbled and you then turned your gaze over to the window. Staring at the moon, you then looked down at the street in front of you which led to the local convenience store just around the corner from where you lived. Pondering if you should go back to bed or not, you felt a rumble. You brushed your hand over your stomach and realized just how hungry you were in that moment. Deciding it would be a good idea to look for something to eat, you tossed away the covers and carefully stepped out of bed, not wanting to fall.

You walked through your house grabbing your keys and some spare change you had lying on the kitchen counter before then walking back to your room to grab a light jacket since it was probably cold at this hour. Zipping it up, you walked back to the front door and looked around for your shoes. You tilted your head wondering where they were, as they always were somewhere near your door. You sighed and began to search for something to quickly slip on.

As you did this, you made your way over to the coffee table. Bending down to look underneath it, you found your old pair of roller skates. Seeing as this was the only option, you grabbed them out from under the table and slipped them on to see if they still fit. They were a bit snug but still an alright size on you.

Slowly lifting yourself up to stand using the table for support, you carefully made your way to the door, attempting to adjust to the skates. You unlocked your door and walked out onto the pavement, the cold breeze of the night caressing your face as you turned back and shut the door behind you. You carefully took a step forward, still trying to get used to your skates considering it had been a good while since you wore them. After picking up some pace, though, you had no further trouble with them as you zoomed by on the sidewalk to the store in the distance.

You glided down the sidewalk, the only light being from the moon as well as the street lights that showed up every few feet. As the convenience store came into view you came to a halt, catching your breath and looking inside to see someone sitting at the checkout counter. You walked up to the door and looked to the side, noticing a presumably broken vending machine laying on the ground. You shrugged believing it was just thrown out for being busted and latched onto the door handle. The door swung open as you pushed it open to be greeted with a depressed looking cashier as well as the hum of florescent lights, lighting the dark corners of the store.

Your gaze shifted over to the cashier who looked at you before looking away at the clock. You looked down before disappearing into one of the aisles, searching for a snack to satisfy your hunger for at least a few hours before breakfast. Continuing to look around, you noticed a small snack-sized bag of chips. You smiled and grabbed them before cradling the bag in your hands and skating towards the front.

You set down the bag down on the counter as the cashier rang your item up. He then looked at you before looking over the counter below you. You looked down too and noticed he was staring at your skates.

"Nice shoes you got there." The cashier chuckled. You grinned and began to giggle too.

"It's all I had at this hour." You replied as he nodded and handed you a bag containing your chips.

"I don't know how you have skates lying around and not shoes, but I'm living for it." He replied somewhat playfully. You shrugged and smiled before walking towards the door and opening it to let yourself out.

"Have a nice day." You replied, turning around and facing him as you walked out. You noticed a kid in a red hat run in. You wondered why he was up at this hour as well but shrugged at the thought. The cashier tipped his visor at you before turning back to face forward, watching the kid that just ran in. You swung the plastic bag around as you skated bag towards your house to eat and hopefully get some more rest before the day began.

As you got home, you skated into the kitchen and sat down at your counter, tossing off your skates and opening the bag of chips, tossing a few into your mouth. You scooped up a few more handfuls over a period of time before finishing the bag. Heading towards the trash can, you opened it and made your way back to your room and yawned, crawling back into your bed.

You stared up at your ceiling and rubbed your eyes before tossing to the side to face your wall. Feeling full, you closed your eyes and finally, were able to finish your full night of sleep.
~~

You once again, opened your eyes to be met with the blinding sun shining through your window as you untucked the covers from yourself and stood up. Checking the time you held out your arms and stretched for a good moment and then walked off to the kitchen to make breakfast for yourself.

You opened the fridge to be met with some milk and a few apples. You frowned, realizing you would have to head to the grocery store this weekend since you had little to nothing left to eat. Sighing, you wondered if you had any way of getting something to eat quickly since going to the store would take a while and your mom always did tell you to not shop while you're hungry. Otherwise you'll end up buying a whole 'lot of unnecessary things.

You walked over to your couch and looked around behind the t.v. and found a few extra bobux so you could go back to the convenience store. You remembered how it was walking distance from your house when you went last night and wondered if you could find something to eat there; even if it wasn't the healthiest option for breakfast first thing in the morning. You walked to your room and discovered your shoes by your bed.

"That's where you were." You stated as you sat down on your bed and slipped them on. You hopped up, shoving the money into your pockets and walked to your door, opening it and then shutting it behind you. The light shines on your face, the warm weather surrounding you. You neared towards the store again and saw the broken vending machine in the distance. You looked through the window to see the cashier still there.

"Odd." You thought to yourself. You wondered if they had another cashier to cover his shift. What if he got sick? You shook your head, driving away your wonders and opened the door letting yourself in. The cashier looked at you, surprised to see you but didn't say anything. You walked around, scrounging the aisles in search of something to take for the morning. You noticed a carton of eggs and smiled, picking it up.

You walked to the cashier and set the eggs down, taking the money out of your pocket, ready to pay.

"Nice to see you again, Skates." The cashier blurted out. You looked at him in confusion.

"Skates?" You questioned as he nodded.

"Yeah, thought it was a fitting name for you since I've never had another costumer come in here with roller skates on." He replied as he then looked down at your feet again.

"I see you have normal shoes on today." He mumbled before looking back up at you and have a lighthearted grin. You smiled and nodded, taking the bag.

As you walked home, you set the bag on the counter and took out the carton of eggs and noticed a note inside. You tilted your head, wondering what it could be. As you held it out in front of you, you carefully read it.

~~
'Come back at 11P.M.
~~

You narrowed your eyes at the crumpled piece of paper wondering who wrote it and if you should follow through with it or not. You thought for a moment and decided if you weren't exhausted tonight you would go. You didn't see any harm in it since if anything happened the cashier would be there. Unless he had written the note- You shrugged and decided you would bring a weapon just in case.

You set the note aside and took out the carton of eggs, popping open the lid and taking two out. Setting them on the counter gently, making sure they wouldn't roll off, you closed the lid and put it in your fridge for later in the week. You took the eggs in hand and grabbed a pan, carrying it all over to your oven. You set the pan down and turned the dial to medium before cracking the eggs and letting them cook.

You wondered about the note and why anyone would want to meet up at 11P.M. At a local convenience store no less. You thought it was odd and confirmed to yourself you would bring some sort of weapon for self defense as well as your phone in case you had to call someone, like 911. Once the eggs were done, you set them on a plate and took a bite staring off into the distance, and anticipated meeting the person who wrote you that note.