"Morning Kreacher." Regulus yawns slightly, pouring himself some tea and sitting on one of the countertops and Kreacher brings him a bowl of cereal making him smile thankfully at the house elf who bows low and continues to clean up from that mornings breakfast.

Walking into the dining room where some of his family are gathered, he sees Bellatrix smirk deviously at him.

"Big day today, cousin." Bellatrix sniggers and Rodlphus and Rabastan smirk at each other when Regulus sits down. He looks around and realised that his mother and father are eating silently whilst Bellatrix and the others blabber on about the war. Regulus slowly catches on and feels himself want to suddenly throw up, today is the day he'll get the tattoo like mark on his forearm. Swallowing down the guilt and anxiety, he nervously twirls Maria's ring around his finger, thinking of her. Despite his efforts to distract himself, it didn't last long as Walburga announces that they're leaving for the Malfoys and Regulus lets out a shaky breath before apparating at the same time as the others.

Quickly getting over his dizziness, they start to stroll down the long driveway towards the gloomy Manor. It's a dark manor with a sort of thin fog constantly surrounding it, with tall iron gates and large, arched doors. Bellatrix knocks on the door in some sort of special pattern with her wand and it opens, the group walking inside and Regulus gulping at the sudden uneasiness inside him.

Walking into a sort of dining room, Regulus stops for a second when he sees more than a few dozens of witches and wizards all surrounding the long table, with a man with dark hair and a scar under his left eye at the top of the table, wearing all black robes as well as everyone else. Regulus had quickly shrugged on his robe before they left, because being seen in jeans which a lot of pure blood wizards find 'too muggle' would not be good for a first impression with people who would easily kill you without a second thought.

"Ah, we're glad you could join us today." The man with the dark hair that Regulus presumes is Lord Voldemort says, gesturing to the few empty chairs and Regulus notices Bellatrix give him an admirable look before sitting in a her place. He recognises a few faces, Avery, Mulciber and Rosier all there, along with their parents, the Malfoys, and Serverus Snape. Regulus glares slightly at Snape, remembering the things Maria had told him about the greats haired teen.

"This must be. . .young Regulus." Regulus perks up at the mention of his name and looks at the dark wizard, nodding curtly as he sits.

"Welcome, my friends." Voldemort says, gesturing around them. "Here today, we're discussing another attack, this time on a muggle family called the Monroes who have a witch daughter." Regulus' jaw tightens, knowing that Maria's best friend is that exact muggle-born daughter. "And also, for young Regulus and Rebecca to get their marks." He gestures to Regulus and to the blonde who's across from him who smiles proudly.

"I will kill them, my Lord." Bellatrix pipes and Voldemort nods, Bellatrix leaning back in her chair with a triumphant smirk plastered on her wicked face. Regulus' eyes find his parents who are stood with Cygnus and Druella, watching him carefully.

"Now, I say we shall get the ceremony started." Voldemort says, slowly taking out his wands. "The two of you, come forward." Rebecca eagerly stands and Regulus hesitantly pushes out his chair and walks over, feeling his parents gaze on him as he momentarily looks to Narcissa who is looking rather worried. "Now, ladies first. Hold out your left arm."

Rebecca pulls back her sleeve and Voldemort presses his wand to her forearm and Rebecca's face contorts painfully and tears well in her eyes before the mark begins to appear and she screams loudly, dropping to the ground, dead faint. Voldemort looks to Regulus who slowly rolls up his sleeve and feels Voldemort's wand press into his pale skin.

The pain is small at first, before it grows larger, like someone's holding a red hot iron bar on his skin and he pulls back once Voldemort retracts his wand, Regulus stumbling slightly. A banging headache comes over Regulus before he sees black spots in his vision, looking down and getting a glimpse of the mark before he feels his heavy eyes close.

[][][]

Frowning as he goes to sit upright, Regulus is pushed back onto the soft surface by delicate hands and he squints, seeing the familiar blonde hair of his cousin — Narcissa — who's staring at him in anxiety as she watches him become conscious again. He slowly sits up against a head board and sees he's in what looks to be a spare bedroom of the Malfoy Manor.

"How are you feeling?" Narcissa says quietly and Regulus rubs his temple slowly, remembering what happened and quickly ripping up his sleeve, his grey eyes widening at the dark ink like mark permanently on his skin. He feels it burn as he thinks of Maria, like a warning.

"Fine." Regulus lies and Narcissa sighs, looking at him softly.

"They want to speak with you." Narcissa whispers, rubbing his arm gently. "Told me to tell you when you wake up again."

Regulus nods, getting up and walking through the house with Narcissa following behind him, rubbing her arm anxiously as Lucius pulls her over to where they sit and Voldemort joins them once more.

"So, I think now is the perfect time to arrange the marriage between Rebecca and Regulus?" Voldemort suggests and Regulus' eyes widen whilst Rebecca nods eagerly. "We could have them married by August."

"I—my Lord." Regulus corrects, trying to act convincing. "If I may, I would love to get married after my seventh year at Hogwarts."

"Hm, valid point." Voldemort hums, looking to Walburga and Orion who nod quickly under his intimidating gaze. "Very well then, the first week of July, 1979."

Regulus swallows thickly and looks to his parents, he knows they'll be no help, most likely push him to go worse but it's every child's instinct to look to their parents when in a difficult situation. They give him a warning look and he nods at Voldemort.

As soon as he arrives home, Regulus locks his door with a silencing spell too and throws a glass at the wall, making it shatter as tears well in his storm filled eyes. He sucks on his bottom lip as he paces up and down his bedroom, running hands through his hair and tugging it roughly.

"What's the matter, Regulus?" Maria's soft voice says and his breathing quickens as he slides down the wall, looking at Maria who crouches next to him. He knows she's not there, that's too good to be true, but just seeing her soft chocolate eyes brings him the greatest joy and sadness.

"You're not here." Regulus mumbles to himself, pulling at his hair as he leans his head forwards, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Of course I'm not." Maria whispers, sitting next to him. "Tell me, how does it feel? To know you're the most dangerous person in the world for me?"

"I'm sorry." Regulus breathes out heavily, his eyes bloodshot and his knuckles white. "I'm so sorry. . .I should never have—" Regulus stops, sucking in a shaking breath that's more like a sob. "I should never have let myself—let myself. . ."

"Say it."

"N—"

"Say it, Regulus."

"I shouldn't have let myself love you, all right!" Regulus says loudly, leaning his head back roughly and hitting the back of it against the wall.

"I'm so sorry."

[][][]

...sorry?

I'm sorry for this! But, just know there's lots of drama on the way, and more smut if you're lucky....

anyways, thank you so much for reading!

~Grace xx