Chapter I: Port Royal

~~꧁❧☙❧☙❧☙❧꧂~~

It was night, the perfect time to attack. The darkness gave us cover, which gave us the advantage. I stood on the railing, holding a rope and leaning to the side. As we sailed closer the port came into veiw. With the order from the Captian, we begain our attack with canonfire.

I watched as the blasts of our canons lay waste to the port, and the torches carried by the crew. I'm almost obsessed with the way Port Royal was set a flame. At long last we would find the coin and finally I can see this port burn down. I loved the sounds of cannon fire, hearing the frantic screams from people and the cries from young children. I knew the children wouldn't be hurt. We may bepirates but we were above killing children. A smirk grew on my face when canons from the port began to open fire.

An hour later two of the boats begin to sail back I stepped back on deck awaiting their arrival. They had the last coin. When men started climbing abord the white of a girls dress cought my eye " I didn't know we was taking on captives." Bo'sun said taking note of the girl" She's invoked the right of parley with Captian Barbossa." Pintel answerd. I walked slightly closer to see what was happening.

" I am here to-" The girl statement was cut off by Bo'sun slapping her ." You will speak when spoken to." He told her. He raised his hand again but this time I grabed it, facing him with a glare " And ye will not lay a hand on those under the protection of parley." Captian Barbossa reminded Bo'sun making us known. " Aye, sir." He said glareing at me. He wasn't particualy fond of taken orders from a woman. I throw his hand down and let go.

Then me and Barbossa turn to the girl. I had pity for this girl, who was now being dragged into things she knows nothing about. " My apologies, miss." Barbossa greets the girl. " Captian Barbossa, I am here to negotiate the cesation of hostilities against Port Royal." The girl states. " There were a lot of long words there, miss. We're not but humble pirates. What is it you want?" Barbossa asks. " I want you to leave and never come back." She answers. The crew then laughs at her statement.

" I'm disinclined to acqeiesce to your request." Barbossa mocks leaving the girl confused. " Means " No." ". He clearifies. And once again the crew laughs. "Very well." The girl states taking out something then walking to the side of the ship. " I'll drop it." She says holing the coin over the side of the ship. The crew gasps, I stand alert.

" Me holds are burstin' with swag. That bit of shine matters to us? Why?" Barbossa asks. " It's what you've been searching for. I reconise this ship. I saw it eight years ago on the crossing from England." The girl realizes. " Did you now?" Barbossa says not beleiving the girl. She huffs " Fine. Well I sopose if it is worthless, there's no point in me keeping it." She says letting the coin slip a bit, Everyone on board steps forward that same second.

She smirks reliseing she now had leverage against us. But that stopped as Babossa walked closer chuckleing, she quickly held the necklace close. " You have a name, missy?" Babossa asks. " Elizabeth...Turner. I'm a maid in the governer's household." Elizabeth says a little to quickly. But no matter the name still spiked everone else's interest in her. " Miss Turner!" Barbossa says turning to the crew, and they start talking with themselves. I remember that name for a good reason, I forgot Bill had a child. I hear several of the crew say " Turner" and " Bootstrap."

Barbossa turns to face Elizabeth again. " And how does a maid come to own a trinket such as that? Family heirloom, perhaps? " He asks her. " I didn't steal it, if that's what you mean." She defends. " Very well. You hand it over and we'll put your town to our rudder and ne'er return." Babossa says atempting to strike a deal. Elizabeth takes a second to think then places the medalion in Barbossa's hand. Finally we could be free if the curse that haunted us.