―𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

" 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 "

When Pietro died, something in Wanda broke.

She was left alone, a young girl with weird powers, living with a family that was not yet hers.

She did not think she would ever feel okay again.

Then two people walked into her life- Vision and Maria Elizabeth Stark.

Maria Elizabeth Stark- or as she like to call herself, Eli, was a force of nature. After being affected by the tesseract when Loki tried to kill her in 2012, Tony had done everything in his power to keep his daughter out of the world of Avengers. It obviously didn't work.

Looking back, Wanda wished it had.

Eli was Wanda's bestfriend- they would die for each other. Eli was the first person to make Wanda feel comfortable and Eli had never seen a soul as pure as Wanda.

They were the 'ride-or-die' kind of best friends.

When Eli fell in love with Captain America of all people, Wanda had cheered her best friend on- you only find that kind of true love once. What Eli and Steve had was much like what she and Vision had.

Then came the Infinity War.

Wanda killed Vision herself and then watched as he died again in the hands of Thanos.

Something in Wanda broke.

The last thing the Maximoff woman remembered, before being erased from reality was Steve holding nothing that was remained of the woman he loved- of her best friend.

Five years later, Wanda woke up beside Eli right on the outskirts of what was left of Wakanda.

Eli had then promised her- promised Wanda that she will help her through the grief. Eli promised to be there.

Wanda believed her.

And as everyone knelt down in honor of Tony Stark- his sacrifice so great, but something was wrong... something was missing.

Steve had gotten up, asking if anyone had seen Eli.

No one had.

But they did find her.

She was dead- one of the fallen heroes and Wanda just watched as Steve held his darling Eli, hoping she would come back to them.

Something in Wanda broke.

Wanda watched Steve drive himself to destruction.

Wanda watched Morgan ask everyone how the sister she never met had been like.

Wanda watched as Pepper cried over the death of her husband and her step-daughter.

Wanda watched everyone grieve.

And then Wanda watched everyone heal.

Wanda watched as Steve went back in time to return the stones but come back as an eighty-year old man.

He went and changed a timeline where the war never happened- he got his happy ever after.

Wanda broke.

Wanda broke and no one she really needed was there for her,

Wanda broke and she wanted to change all of that.