Chapter 1

You were woken up by the flight attendant telling you that the plane will be landing in a few minutes. You straighten yourself up in your seat, and look to your left towards the window. There it was, Tokyo, the place you left 6 years ago.

When you arrived in the airport, you saw a sign with your name on it. The person holding the sign still looked the same as the day you left.

"Kitaaaaaa," you said as you walked towards him. "I missed you," in a whisper as you were hugging him. "I missed you too." 

You were in the passenger seat of Kita's car, you rolled down the window and took a deep breath. You rested your chin on your hand leaning against the door, oh how you missed Japan.

"There's this restaurant that I want you to try, their onigiris are pretty good," he said. You just hummed in reply while your eyes still fixated on the road, reminiscing about the memories.

When you arrived at the restaurant, you didn't pay much attention to your surroundings because you were really tired from the flight. "Welc-" there was a pause, the grey haired male couldn't believe it. You were right there standing in front of him. You didn't notice because you were too busy looking around the place, until you made eye contact.

"y/n is that-is that really you?" Osamu asked. "Uh...ya," there was an awkward silence. It's been a few years since you talked to Osamu. When you left Japan, you made a pact with yourself to not talk to anyone from your high school; with the exception of Kita of course.

"We'll take two of your onigiris, for here," Kita interrupted. Osamu obeyed and went to make them. You sat down across from Kita, giving him the 'you did this on purpose' look. He just replied with a slight nod.

You didn't know if you were supposed to be mad or sad at the moment. There was a reason why you left Japan, it held too many bad memories. You couldn't take it anymore, so halfway through your second year you decided to study abroad. You had some family in Canada so you talked with your family and everything went according to plan. You were someone who ran away from conflict as much as they could, and moving to another country was a way of running away from a certain problem...or more like a person.

When the food arrived, Osamu put the food down and sat down beside Kita. "So when did you arrive?" Osamu asked looking at you. "Today actually, landed about an hour ago," looking down trying not to make eye contact.

Finally you looked up, but only to look at Kita "How's everyone?" with a small smile on your face. "Well they're fine, some continued playing volleyball and some broke contact after graduation, you know, the usual." 

I wonder if he still plays volleyball, you thought to yourself. You quickly brushed that thought off, why am I thinking about him I have better things to worry about.

"So where are you staying?" Osamu asked. "Well I was planning on going back home, but I don't think I'm ready to step foot in that house yet. So I guess I'll just go to a hotel. Is it okay if you drop me off Kita?" you asked, and he just nodded.

As you were leaving behind Kita you felt a hand grab your wrist, "I'm glad to see you again," Osamu said with a smile. You gave him a small smile and walked out. Just like that Osamu felt as if he lost you again, seeing the back of you walking through the doors reminded him of when you left to go abroad in your second year.