Chapter 4

Jamie's POV

I sat there and talked to Rachel, patiently waiting for Becca to wake. I don't know why I feel the way I do. This longing inside was driving me crazy.

The room she was in made me feel depressed. The dull grey that graced the walls has a gloomy feel to it. Rachel looked restless. I know Becca wasn't staying over night but Rachel looked exhausted. "Rachel, go get some rest. I'll bring Becca home." I said hopefully.

She shook her head. "No. That won't work. Her parents are super strict, they don't want guys around her. They are afraid that any guy she comes in contact with, will take advantage of her. She's tried having many boyfriends but she's been caught every time. My aunt Tammi and uncle Bill, aren't the nicest people." She said smiling a little.

I sat there with my mind racing.

I wanted to help her so bad, but I knew I couldn't get to close.

A few minutes went by and it started to seem like hours before Becca woke up.

She had begun to stir and slowly sat up and caught my gaze.

My breath hitched in my throat. Shivers were sent up my spine and chills creeper all over me.

What is this feeling.

Her eyes shifted to Rachel and were questioning her.

"Bec , this is Jamie. He's Dr. Matthews son. He was sent by his father to see if you are okay." Rachel replied.

She just lied. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. She lied. For me.

"Hi Becca. I hope I didn't startle you." I said with a charming smile.

She gave me a look of disgust and rolled her eyes. "Look here. I'm not falling for any of your bull crap. You can leave now." She replied throwing me a smirk.  

Rachel looked at me and mumbled" Told you so."

I stood up and gave Rachel a hug but before I left the room I took a piece of paper out of my wallet and wrote my number on it. "Look if you ever need anything or just someone to talk to I'm here okay?"

She looked at me and nodded her head slowly, her gaze still locked on my eyes. Man she was beautiful.

I walked out of the cramped room and found myself constantly thinking about Becca as I made my way to the exit of Grace hospital.

**********

Becca's POV

After Dr. Matthews walked out, a nurse came in with some pain killers for the pain cause by my broken ribs. I felt myself slipping into unconsciousness.

(A/N The dreams will be in quotes so they won't be confusing)

'Darkness was around me. I was lying on the cold hard ground. It was wet. Very wet. I could hear footsteps then I saw my mom. She walked up to me and began hitting me. I tried to stand but I was trapped to the ground, held by two black creatures. The one on the right of me had wings with glowing eyes. The one on the left was black with claws of a lion and gallons of an eagle. They both began to pounce on me, biting me. My mother stood there with a smug smile on her face. " You are worthless. You are nothing to me. That boy hates you. You are just a mistake. I hate you and despise you. Your sisters despise you. Why do you think they are gone? That's why. Cause they hate you and despise you." Tears threatened to spill as my mother hit me once again. I tried to force my eyes open but they wouldn't budge. Suddenly a light shown through the room I was in. A figure clothed in white walked toward me. When he spoke his voice was calming. "Becca, don't push people away, I'm sending someone to help you. You will trust again. I know you think I'm not here but I am, I love you Becca." And with that I woke up'

I awoke to a pair of gorgeous eyes staring at me. My breath was caught in my throat as Jamie gazed at me. Goosebumps started all over my body. I swapped my gaze to Rachel, wondering why he was in here.

"Becca, this is Jamie. He's Dr. Matthews son. He was sent by his father to see if you are okay." Rachel said. Hmmm. Something was fishy about that.

He looked at me flashing a genuine smile and said" Hi Becca, I hope I didn't startle you." He said smiling.

I felt my cheeks heat up. What is wrong with me? 

So I put on my tough girl act and put up my wall.

I gave him a disgusted look and rolled my eyes. 

"Look here. I'm not falling for any of your bull crap. You can leave now. I replied smirking at him. 

Rachel mumbled something under her breath and she stood as she looked at Jamie. He gave her a hug and started to reach for his wallet, and took a little piece of paper out of it. And he began to scribble something on it.

"Look, if you ever need anything or just need someone to talk to, I'm here okay?" He said to me as my eyes widened. I nodded slowly as he walked out of the door.

Thirty minutes passed and Dr. Matthews came in with my release papers and my prescriptions. He told me to stay home for a few days then proceed to going to school. But that wasn't going to work for me. I'm not staying home where I'll be hurt constantly or yelled at. I was going to school no matter what. 

**********

THE NEXT DAY

Becca's POV

When I got home that night it was pure heck. My mom decided that she was mad at me because I didn't tell her where I went yesterday with Rachel, and when I told her it was the hospital she laughed claiming I was banging some guy.

So let's just say I was hit a few more times last night.

My alarm blared One Direction's what makes you beautiful as I woke from a sleepless night. I probably got four hours of sleep. Every time I close my eyes at night I have unnerving nightmares. Most of them were about my mom and dad abusing me. Dad doesn't hit me just mom, but he does verbal abuse.  

Everyday it would be something different, depending on how my parents were acting. If they weren't fighting the abuse wouldn't be so bad. But most of the time it was him telling me how much he hated me and how I'm a mistake.

I stood up stretching. I know I'm not supposed to go to school today but its better than being in this prison.

I slowly walked to my bathroom still in pain from the day before. I turned on my shower and stripped and stepped in. The scalding hot water felt good in my aching body. I washed my brown locks and shaved, grabbed my towel and stepped out.

Thirty minutes later I'm ready to go. I have to take the bus to school because my parents don't trust me enough for me to have a car. I stand at the curb waiting for the bus to pull up on the dull day. It was a little chilly for March, but what can I say I live in the mountains.

The buss pulled up after a few minutes and the doors shot open. I took my time and walked up the black stairs proceed on to the buys making my way to my seat.

********

At school it was always the same. No one wanted to be my friend cause I was too weird or something like that. I had a few friends but they were totally fake. I sort of wished Jamie was Herr. Wait why am I thinking this? I don't want him close to me, he'll just hurt me.

Part of me wondered about him the other was ready to get this day over with.

A/N. Thank you all for the reads and comments it means so much. This was a filler chapter the next one might be more interesting.. Love you all! Allie