Technically Not a Traitor (pt1)

Summary: Izuku's known about the Wellerman song all his life but unlike most he's not a traitor just the unfortunate son of a Villain that's heard the song too many times to be healthy and is now researching it.

Someone started tapping out a beat and Izuku immediately stood up and ran out the door.

"Excusemeforaminute." He said in one breath before running down the hallway with his teeth clenched hard. Several people called out to him as he ran with tears of blood dripping down his face but he didn't listen. The moment he reached Nedzu's office the door opened automatically and immediately sat down, throwing his notebook on the desk before he gasped out and started to sing.

"P-please read it.
There once was a ship that put to sea
The name of the ship was the Billy of Tea
The winds blew up, her bow dipped down
Oh blow, my bully boys, blow (huh)

Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar and tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing is done
We'll take our leave and go

She'd not been two weeks from shore
When down on her a right whale bore
The captain called all hands and swore
He'd take that whale in tow (huh)

Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar and tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing is done
We'll take our leave and go." Izuku breathed heavily feeling the horrendous pressure leave his head while wiping away the blood from his eyes. Nedzu was looking at him in horror notebook forgotten.

"Before you come to any conclusions please read my notebook I know this makes me look bad but it's not what you think the explanation is in there." Izuku pleaded the bloodstained tear tracks making his pleading expression somewhat terrifying.

"Alright... But I'm calling Recovery Girl first." Nedzu said typing into his computer before picking up the notebook. He glanced at Izuku with slight concern before starting to read.

The history of the Traitor/ Villain song

The song now commonly known as a song that all Traitors or Villains know used to be a sea shanty for pirates before the Boogeyman of the Underground used a quirk to change the song into a compulsion for his followers in the rise of quirks. Note: Children of himself or his followers seem to also be included even if they are unaware of what it means.

This compulsion forces those around the person to start the song to start singing if they are allies. It is also used to check for loyalty as the person singing will sound confident if they are fully loyal while someone disloyal would sound agonized, and someone not sure of their loyalty would sound unsure. Note: Trying to fight against the compulsion will cause one's head to start hemorrhaging and if they do not sing they will die. Though most aren't strong enough mentally to even delay it. *a few drops of blood were dotted around the note*

Certain positions within the underground have different verses to sing as leaders will start the song and sing the full song through while those under them will sing after the first verse and sing in tandem with the leader. While infiltrators will sing about 1/3rd the song with one leading it. Note: Children seem to be just affected by whoever starts.

There also seems to be other songs that work similarly like Sugar Rush which seems to be exclusively used by down right insane Villains. Note: Yes I figured that out with Toga attacking me ugh

Nedzu looked up his doors opened to reveal Recovery Girl who immediately started looking over Izuku.

"What happened?" She asked while feeling Izuku's head who winced.

"Well it seems according to this the song used by villains affected Izuku but he fought against it to let me know he wasn't actually a traitor. He does seem to be related to a Villain though given that it affected him. Though this information would've been nice to know before we tested it you didn't know we were and you clearly haven't finished your research but we are going to have to talk about you hearing it enough to know some of this." Nedzu stated giving Izuku a piercing stare. Izuku nodded a little wincing as his headache grew worse from it.

"Let's get you to my office dear you can talk more with the principal once your healed." Somehow Recovery Girl straight up carried him in her arms despite being smaller than him. As they left they saw an angry looking Aizawa heading towards them.

"Problem child?" Aizawa stopped shock still at the sight of Izuku with tears of blood still dripping down his face. "... Nedzu can wait let me carry him Recovery Girl... He probably knows by now anyway."

Recovery Girl smiled as Aizawa lifted Izuku carefully into his arms before they both started heading to her office.

"Deku!" Uraraka exclaimed upon seeing them pass but they didn't stop to explain. She immediately started following them almost slipping on the trail of blood forming behind them.

The rest of the Dekusquad managed to find them and soon enough they were standing impatiently outside Recovery Girl's office.

"Do you think Deku will be ok? He ran out of the classroom suddenly and now he's like this..." The others didn't have an answer for her the same questions in their minds coupled with what just happened with some of their classmates left them rather numb.

"I don't know Uraraka..." Iida whispered sadly. "I don't know."

AN: Let's end it here before I end up writing more than I want and not liking it. So this one will certainly be continued though I'm surprised I finished the first part of this before the oneshot I was writing earlier but you the muse gets what it wants. I debated a bit making this Izuku actually be a Villain and was just doing this for his own gain but there are going to be a few like that already so, here it is the only actually non Villain Deku story in this series to expand on how the ways traitors will be revealed will work in this series, though it might be a little different fic from fic the concept will stay mostly the same. And yes I am officially obsessed with the Wellerman song but don't worry it won't be the only song like most of the tiktoks or Gacha videos.