Chapter 42 - Izuku 4

Start from the beginning

"Stop them!" I snapped my head to see men who were known as yakuza enter, Aizawa's hair lifted as he used his quirk, I knocked three down with stone while Bubble Girl and another pro urged us to move ahead. Izuku's hand found his way to mine and we ran through the hall, grip tight as we were forced to stop because of a wall.

"Duty calls." Mirio nudged my shoulder, giving me a wink while walking through the hard surface.

Amajiki stood beside me, "Did you know Lemillion's costume is made from his hair? It helps him move around through things without being... you know." His voice was so gentle and muted that I had to strain my hearing to make out the words.

Tamaki was a great person, I knew immediately when he first entered our class that he radiated an aura that reminded me of something timid but powerful. He was a perfect example of actions speaking louder than words. I remembered the one day I bumped into him on my way to the library, he apologized profusely while facing the wall, tugging on the bang that hung over his forehead. I insisted that he did nothing wrong, and we ended up talking about his quirk and mine, he explained his favorite food to eat that would produce the best extension in his body. I recommended different seafood soups I made back in America that would help amplify his powers, even promising that I would make him one to see if he preferred it. I enjoyed his quiet gratitude, and we would give small smiles whenever we saw one another.

"Yeah, I get you, Suneater. You guys are best friends, right?" I questioned, and he looked away, pale skin becoming littered with pink as I sighed, understanding that it was a bit of a personal question, even if the answer was obvious.

"Chisaki must've made the wall to stop us from going further down the path," Sir Nighteye explained and Mirio from the other side had confirmed it.

"Looks like we gotta get to work, baby." Izuku whispered in my ear and I hummed.

"Kiri." My call to him registered in his head as all three of us began running towards the wall, I raised two fists covered in metal as we crashed into the wall, shattering it while my eyes met blue.

I looked away from Mirio, feeling myself stumble and latch onto Izuku's arm. Why is everything moving around? Am I going through another hallucination? His left hand wrapped on mine, and we stayed locked onto each other while the walls began contorting, moving in so many different directions that it caused me to become dizzy.

"I think it's Mimic! Eraserhead, use your quirk!" Fatgum cried out, but Shota explained that he couldn't see who was causing all this movement along the walls.

I heard Tamaki panicking and Mirio attempting to reassure him.

"I'm going to continue forward alone, I need to find Eri." Mirio stated, getting ready to pass through the walls in ease. I shared a look with Deku before speaking, "Mirio." He looked at me with that signature smile he used to placate everyone, "Please take care of yourself." Something about Mirio venturing alone had worried me, who knew what he would encounter. "Don't worry, Terra Mater, I'm Lemillion!" I smiled weakly, giving him a thumbs up. He took off and we were still trying to figure out a way to stop the contortions.

Suddenly, the floor gave way and I squeaked, shooting out vines to capture everyone and stop them from hurting themselves as we fell. Izuku wrapped his arms around my waist, landing perfectly on the ground while I remained there in a bridal position. He placed me down and we were both holding each other's shoulders, assessing for any injuries. Dust was all over from the impact of the fall and I retracted my vines, "Guys." I spoke, pointing to the unrecognizable figures that were approaching us.

There were three people, all of them with some sort of garment that covered their faces. One had his entire head covered in a sack, only showing his eyes as a sown in smile was the only thing that could be seen. The other was a bald, husky man, and the final one was a blonde with long hair and a bird's beak for a mask with a sword casually hanging from his side.