Ch.3: Mind Strike

He knows. How does he know? This is not good; this is not good at all.

"Fine, so what if I am?"

"You think I'll let the daughter of a villain roam around free?"

"I'm nothing like my father!"

It was difficult to hold back my tears, thinking of how my father left me alone. I know he didn't care for me, but is it so bad to want the love of a parent? Ray, on the other hand, was being irrational.

"And what gives you the right to think I can't walk around doing what I want because I am Dr. Vex's daughter? You're being irrational, Ray!"

"How do I know you aren't working for him?"

"I'm not!!" I yelled and that was when I lost control. Ray flew into the sky and landed on the ground, hard. If he wasn't indestructible, he would've been severely injured.

It took me a while to realize what I had done, but I was starting to get dizzy. It wasn't too long before I fell into darkness.

-

Henry's POV

Things were getting wild out there. Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz, and I were watching this argument unfold on the cameras. Yes, it shocked me to find out that Y/n truly was Dr. Vex's daughter, but Ray was being stupid. Being a supervillain's daughter does not guarantee that you're a villain too.

Then, something neither of us expected happened. I think...I think Y/n just made Ray fly into the air. The four of us ran out of our room, only to find Y/n collapsing onto the ground.

"Y/n? Y/n are you okay?!" I quickly ranted as I ran up to her. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and I sighed with relief. "Are you alright?" I asked as I helped her up.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay," she replied, then her eyes went cold. "Captain Man, I'll repeat this once more. I am nothing like my father, and I'll prove it to you."

Prove it to him? Prove it to him how? She then pushed my hand away from her and was firmly on the ground. She walked to the elevator, but Ray stopped her.

"You aren't going anywhere now that you know my identity," he stated firmly as he grabbed Y/n's hand. She stopped in her tracks and let out a few heavy breaths.

"Let. Go. Of. Me!" she yelled, and Ray flew backwards. I'm just petrified at this point. That girl is powerful. Ray looked shocked as he got back up. "No one come anywhere near me. There are some of you I don't want to hurt, but when I lose control, bad things happen," and with that, she left. No one moved a muscle, not until Y/n came back.

"I actually kinda need Henry, so..."

I was honestly partially petrified, but I had to comply. I don't know what she wants but I walked with her anyway.

It took me a whole lot of courage to ask her, "So, why did you need me?" The elevator dinged open and we walked out of Junk 'N' Stuff.

"Ray - I think that's his name - Ray thinks that I'm evil. I want to prove him wrong. I want to fight crime."

My eyes widened, "You want to fight crime?"

"Well, yes. I've got powers; why not use them for good?"

"Yeah, that makes sense, but why do you need my help?"

"Oh well, seeing as your Kid Danger, maybe you could help me train. And I also need help creating a costume."

"If you promise you won't murder me, I'll help you."

She laughed, "I promise."

- 1 week later -