Chapter 12

Chapter 12:

Maddie’s POV:

I woke up with a start after hearing a really loud noise. I looked at my laptop and realised that I must have accidentally turned the music right up.

Before I went to sleep I had opened a word document as I wanted to put some of my favourite Tumblr pictures on there. I wanted to print them off and stick them on the wall next to my bed.

I noticed that since I had been lying on my keyboard that there was now multiple pages full of letters and punctuation.

I looked at the time in the corner of the screen and noticed that it was now seven in the evening. I feel better after having a little sleep.

After I shut down my laptop I headed downstairs. My stomach rumbled telling me I needed some food. I only made myself some cheese and pasta thought as surprisingly I’m not that hungry. It must be because I consumed so much candy last night. I’m surprised I wasn’t sick to be honest.

My parents are back on Saturday and I can’t wait. It gets lonely in this house. It also feels like forever since I last saw them. I feel like my mom is going to give me a lecture on the importance of going to school though.

Once I had finished eating I washed up and went back to my room. I decided it was probably best to go through yesterday’s notes and see if any of it makes sense. After an hour of reading and texting people about the parts I was confused on, I was done. I now understood everything. It was now about half eight so I decided to go and have a quick shower. After twenty minutes I got out, got changed and dried my hair.

It was nine o’clock when I climbed into bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell straight to sleep.

xxxxx

The next morning I woke up at half six. I felt refreshed and so much better. I got nine and a half hours sleep. It’s the best I’ve slept in a long time.

It was a little early for me to get up. I got a book from beside my bed and read for a bit. The book was so good that I had to be careful not to get too engrossed. If I did then I might be reading for ages. I can’t risk being late for school again. It’s really not me at all. I’m never late for anything.

Fifteen minutes later I got up and went downstairs to have some breakfast. Considering I hardly had anything for dinner last night I was starving. I made myself a stack of eight pancakes and put butter and syrup on the top. They were delicious.

Once I finished them I washed up and went to get changed. I had a shower last night so didn’t need to bother with that.

I found myself singing and dancing around my room whilst getting ready. My mood really is the complete opposite to yesterday.

I had got ready fairly quickly so I just listened to music until I left. I had my hair in a high ponytail and was wearing skinny jeans, a top and a jacket.  I even looked the complete opposite to how I did yesterday.

I left the house with a smile on my face. I don’t really get why I am in such a good mood today. I’m not complaining though. It’s so much better than being in a really bad mood.

As soon as I got to school I started to say hi and wave to everyone I went past. Some people gave me strange looks and some completely ignored me. Fine with me though nothing is going to bring my mood down. However, most people did smile and wave back.

‘Good morning guys, isn’t it such a lovely day,’ I chirped to Chelsea and Liam.

‘Yeah, good morning to you too,’ Chelsea replied slowly while her and Liam exchanged glances.