prologue.

walking into my house i watch my mom as she squirms on the floor looking for her "medicine".
i shake my head as i kick the pills away from her reach and make my way into the kitchen.

opening in the fridge there was nothing in there but old milk making me suck my teeth and slam the fridge door shut.

can't do this no more bruh.

i went back into the front room and watched her shakingly open the pill bottle. i shook my head sitting in front of her and just staring.

"you think what you do to me is cool? kicking away my medication luca, you think that's how other sons treat their mothers?" she questioned me and i just continued to stare.

"answer me!" she yelled in my face but i still stared.

"you did this to me, you know that? you made me like this. if it wasn't for you i wouldn't be like this, this is all your fault!"

i got up and shook my head grabbing my duffel bag. this was the last she'd be seeing and hearing of me. since i did all of this to her i might as well take myself out of the equation.

i was only fourteen. but fourteen years of hell were finally about to be over.

"where are you going luca? where are you going?!" she yelled crawling up to me on the ground and grabbing my ankle but i kicked it away and left out before she catch up to me.

i slammed the door behind me, sighing as i heard her screams from inside the apartment. i quickly ran down the stairs and got into deebo's car.

he blew out the smoke as i closed the door behind me putting my seatbelt on and sitting my duffel bag on my lap.

"you know the deal, i take care of you and-"

"i sell for you. no sales no care, i got it." i cut him off getting frustrated.

"just get me out of here please," i looked over the apartment. he nodded starting the car and driving off.