26. Worst Birthday Ever!

Start from the beginning

Lux's nose scrunches up. She's okay with a musical theater solo but would rather do a lyrical solo.

"Now, I also have a trio. The trio is going to be Paige, Nia, and Mackenzie. The trio is entitled 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us,' and I hope nothing does stop you," Abby says. "Let's move on to the group dance. The group number is entitled, 'All Kids Go.' We're talking about our childhood going away. We're talking about Brooke leaving the eighth grade and going to high school. She's a teenager now.

"Everybody is in the group dance, except Mackenzie. The nature of the dance is a little mature for you. Since I'm not using Mackenzie, I need to bring somebody in that looks like a teenager that the judges see instantly as older than the rest of you. So, Moms, lookout. I'm putting Payton in the number, and Leslie will be joining us."

Lux glances over at Mamá only to see her roll her eyes.

"Uh, I have one more piece of news. You're going to be auditioning for a TV show, and that TV show is Drop Dead Diva," Abby announces.

Lux frowns while the rest of the girls cheer in excitement except for Nova. Raising her hand, she waits for Abby to call on her. "Do we have to audition?"

The room goes silent as Abby blinks at her. "You don't wanna audition?"

Lux chews on the bottom of her lip. She didn't wanna disappoint Abby, but she didn't want to audition, so she says, "Not really."

"I don't wanna either," Nova admits." And not because Lux doesn't wanna do it but because... not interested."

"Umm... Alright," Abby shrugs. "Less competition for the rest of you. Moms, we're gonna put them on camera and actually send the film to LA. Ladies up spread apart. Let's warm-up."

Spreading apart, Lux lunges down to the floor. With Payton stepping in, the auditions, trio, and four solos, she hopes they have enough time to work on everything.

☆☽☆☾☆☽☆☾☆☽☆☾☆

"What is up with the TV thing?" Kelly questions.

Paloma shrugs, taking a seat at the end. "Search me."

"It's probably be, like, one line, you know," Melissa comments.

"I would love to see our kids pull this off," Christi says.

"I'm shocked! I would think all the girls would want to audition," Melissa turns to Paloma, perplexed. "Why wouldn't Lux and Nova want to audition?"

"Because they don't want to," Paloma crosses her knees. "The only thing that panned out was the music video. Broadway-- they can't do it 'cause it conflicts with the show. Joffrey-- conflicts with the show. I this point, they're good, and so am I."

"I didn't think of it like that," Holly comments.

Besides any opportunity given through the show, I want no part of it, Paloma thought. Whatever chance they get through production is to make a drama, and she wanted no interest in that.

"Paloma, how sad her you about next week," Christi asks her.

"I'm keeping it together pretty well," Paloma sighs. Dominic is graduating next Friday, and it was one more step to him leaving the nest. "But I know when the day comes, I'm gonna be a blubbering mess."

"I'm jealous that you get to mess a whole week," Kelly says. "I wanna vacation too."

"That I'm excited for. I need a break from you bitches," Paloma admits. With Dominic's graduation being Tuesday, some of her family can't take time off, so right after the graduation, they're heading to Disney World since most of her family lives in Florida.