"Player...," Captain whispers, his tone soft, "I saw you cut yourself..." Player was unsure about how to reply to this. So, using all of the brainpower he could, he mumbles, "Just... go..." Captain didn't budge an inch. "Player... I'm only here to help you... Can you tell me what happened?" Captain knew all too well what happened, but he didn't want Player to know that he witnessed the whole situation without helping him. Captain was a bit ashamed of himself that he didn't come to Player's aid immediately.

Player's sobs increased a bit as he cried into Captain's shoulder. "D-Don't you think I'm such a loser?!" Player's sudden outburst caught the white-suited bean by surprise.

"What?" He exclaims, "Of course not! I'd never think that, Player!" Player's expression remained unconvinced. He thought the white-suited bean was just saying that so he'd be happy.

"Stop lying to me, Captain!" Player exclaims, as more tears streamed down his cheeks, "No one will ever love a loser like me!" Captain was bewildered--  how could Player think so lowly about himself? He thought, Did Veteran cause this all? Was this just Player's own insecurities messing with his head?

"Player, stop right there," the white-suited man says, "You're one of the kindest people I know. You're anything but a loser in my eyes." Player continued to sob, and shouts, "Veteran hates me, Captain!"

Captain was furious with Veteran. How could he treat Player like this? Doesn't he realize how much Player loves him?

"That monster...," Captain growls, a bit of hostility in his voice, "How could he hate someone as cute and caring as you..." Captain didn't realize what had slipped out from his mouth at that moment. Player, on the other hand, was perplexed. "Captain, w-what." Player brushed off Captain's words, thinking he was only saying those things to cheer him up.

Captain blushes a bit, realizing his mistake. "N-Nothing," he stutters, his cheeks a noticeable bright pink. Player shrugs this off and mumbles, "Veteran doesn't even want to be my friend anymore... I-I'm such a loser..."

Captain, realizing he has nothing to lose, whispers, "I know someone that loves you dearly, Player..." Player wept a bit and says, "I don't even love myself, how could someone love me?" Captain took this as his cue to go on. "Well... Sometimes, someone can love someone else more than they love themself..."

"Only an absolute idiot would love someone like me, Captain."

"...I know, I know, I'm an idiot, Player."

Player didn't understand what Captain meant. "I didn't call you an idiot, Captain, I called anyone that loves me an idiot."

"But love you, Player. So I guess that makes me an idiot, right?" Captain says, looking a bit into the red-suited man's eyes. Player didn't really take this as a love confession, but more of a 'Captain's trying to cheer me up' kind of thing. "I know you're trying to cheer me up, Captain, but..." Player was at a loss for words.

"I love you, Player, and I'll prove it to you." Captain shifts a bit closer to Player and plants a small kiss on his cheek. Player was left dumbfounded for a few moments before his brain processed what had happened.

"Captain, what are you doing?!" Player exclaims. Captain blushes a bit and mumbles, "Proving that I love you, Player."

Player's mind went in different directions. "I don't love you like that, Captain! I love Veteran!" Captain's heart shattered but he tried to keep his cool. "Y-Yeah, I saw that coming..."

Suddenly, all of Player's bottled-up emotions of Captain came spilling out. "If I'm going to be completely honest with you, Captain, I don't even like you as a friend!" Captain was taken aback by Player's sudden confession. He felt as if his heart was physically torn into a million pieces.