Midoriya exited the stadium, him being one of the very last people to leave. His eyes were puffy, and his nose was a light pink from sniffling and crying so much. He couldn't believe it, he didn't want to.

The cold sun of the winter weather made him shiver in his coat. It was almost spring, why was it not warming up yet?

...Y/n once told me her favorite season was spring.

Memories just flooded back. Y/n and Midoriya dated from their times as second years, all the way up until they graduated. Since long distance wasn't a fantastic idea, considering y/n was taking a job opportunity to work as a side kick with an American hero, they broke up.

He was 24 now...Why was it that he never even checked up on her once after she left? He loved her. But why did he never speak to her again?...And now he couldn't...He'd never get the chance to...

She was dead.

"Oi, Midoriya!!"

"Huh?" The sad, freckled boy gazed up from his feet to see a line of his old classmates waiting on the sidewalk, waving to him in their winter coats and scarfs.

It was Kaminari who had greeted him, his voice instantly recognizable out of a line up. Going from left to right, were Jirou, Momo, Iida, Ochako, Asui, Kirishima, Bakugo, Sero, Mina, and Todoroki.

"...Oh...Wow...I haven't seen a lot of you in years." Midoriya managed to smile, a part of his worries drifting away.

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" Jirou grinned, linking arms with Momo to warm herself up.

"You never call!!" Mina huffed, puffing her pink cheeks and whining like a child.

"Oh, sorry, sorry!!" Midoriya bowed quickly, making the girls giggle.

"Hey, did you want to come with us to do something?" Kirishima stepped forward, bumping his fist into his chest.

"Huh?...Do what?"

"...Honor y/n."

"...We aren't all gonna jump, right!?" Midoriya panicked, his eyes flickering to the lake down below them, and to his friends that lined against the railing of the bridge they stood on.

"That wouldn't really benefit us, now would it?" Momo giggled, turning away from the group. They all leaned down to see her open her beige trench coat, a shine appearing by her chest as she started to create something.

"...What's going on?" Midoriya whispered to Iida and Todoroki, more scared than curious.

"...We saw how much you were affected at y/n's funeral so...We wanted to help you to cope...And to help us move on as well." Todoroki explained.

...Cope?

Momo turned back around, stepping to the side to reveal a large paper lantern. "Sero, the photo?"

"Got it!" Sero pulled a small picture from his coat chest pocket, it being an old yearbook picture of y/n.

"I'll light it." Todoroki offered as Momo held up the lantern, him lighting a flame underneath.

Sero exerted a small amount of tape from his elbow, sticking the picture of y/n to the rice paper of the lantern.

Midoriya's eyes widened as he realized what was happening. The friends circled around the lantern, all of them placing their hands on the edges beneath it.

"...Would anyone like to say a few words?" Ochako asked quietly.

"..."

"...Y/n..."

All turned to Midoriya.

"...Please rest well..." He whispered, his voice cracking and preventing him from saying anything else.

Momo smiled at his efforts. "...Rest in peace, y/n. Look over us all."

And with that, they tossed the paper lantern in the air, the fire-lit object flying high into the night sky over the river below.

Midoriya's eyes twinkled with sadness, watching as the lantern flew far from the bridge. ...Y/n...

Midoriya strolled down the packed sidewalks of downtown, trudging back to his apartment

Midoriya strolled down the packed sidewalks of downtown, trudging back to his apartment. He could barely think straight. He didn't want to think. Because if he did, he'd only think about her.

She didn't deserve such a horrible fate...She deserved so much better.

He tried his best to suck back his tears, but the stinging was almost unbearable. And on top of that, his throat had the most uncomfortable lump sitting in the center. He wanted to burst into tears right then and there, but that would only draw attention to himself.

As he continued down the street, turning a corner where there was hardly any people, he felt someone bump his shoulder as they walked past them—hard.

So hard, that it literally made Midoriya angry. He was already in a shit mood. Hell, his ex just died.

"Watch it!!" Midoriya whipped around, making eye contact with the man.

But that hooded man rapidly drew a gun, pointing the metal weapon at his head.

...Eh?

The trigger was pulled, and everything went in slow motion. All Midoriya could see with the bullet cutting through the air, it spinning gracefully as it made its way to slice its way into his thick skull.

Suddenly, all Midoriya could see was white. A white, blank canvas. And in the center of his line of vision,

was y/n.

Though he couldn't see the top half of her face, he instantly recognized her. Her long, thick black hair. Olive skin and rosy smile. Dressed in the U.A school uniform, turned over her shoulder with a bright gleam.

Huh...Usually, they say when your life is flashing before your eyes, you see your family or friends...But I see her...Is she the last thing I'll see before I die?...

...That's fine...

That's fine