Chapter 16- Eret's Downfall

Start from the beginning

Nightmare snorted, pulling a throwing from a hidden pocket on his wrist and allowing it to glint in the streetlight.  Techno mirrored him, and they glared each other down.  Nightmare giggled softly and then it was all over.  Both men burst into laughter, holding onto walls for support.  Techno put the knife away, shaking his loose pink locks.

"I-'"

There was a rustle of fabric, a defiant yell, and the cool night air kissed Nightmare's face as his mask was brutally ripped away.  He shouted for Techno and covered his face, turning away from the barely conscious cop.  There was a yell and a thump, followed by silence.  Dream's heart was beating out of his chest as he hid his face with his hands.  Behind his ears burned, he could feel blood trickling down the sides of his neck.

They didn't see me they didn't see me they didn't see me they-

"You're good now, I checked," Techno said, the last part sounding vicious.  Dream carefully turned and sure enough all the cops were facing away, unconscious. Techno handed Dream back his mask and slipped it back on, still shaking.  "Are you okay?"

"I am now, that was close though.  What's that?"  Nightmare pointed to a shining pin that had fallen from the police's belt, adjusting the mask's straps to keep away from the cuts.  Techno picked it up, examining it with a guarded expression.

"It's a, smiley face," he asked inquisitively.  He handed it to Nightmare, who took it and examined it.  It was, in fact, a smiling pin.  On the back were words.

"Hey look at this!  Nightmare squadron," he said, his voice dropping off.  Techno gave him a shocked look and took the pin back, looking at the words intently.  He snorted, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Congrats, you have an entire squadron comin' for you."

"Do we all then?"

"Well I don't see a Techno pin, so I assume not."

"Well they didn't know you were with me, maybe they're responding to whoever is spotted or something like that."

"Whatever.  You should be flattered."

"I kind of am.  We should get home though, Phil said we have shit to do later."

"Yeah yeah, did you get what you wanted at least?"

Nightmare pulled the music discs from his bag, holding them in the light.  Tommy had requested them a while ago but he had been too busy with Eret's plan to actually steal them, so Nightmare decided to make an appearance.  They were called Cat and Mellohi, both based off of Tommy's favorite game- Minecraft.

"Alright, perfect.  Let's get home before Phil has our heads."

Nightmare nodded and they leaped into the night, unaware of the man hidden in the shadows.  He smiled and drank in the starless night.  If all went according to plan, this was about to get interesting.

~~~

By the time the two got home, they only had about thirty minutes before their ride got there.  Phil spent five of them lecturing the duo about not cutting it so close before letting them go.  Dream took a rushed shower and quickly changed into his iconic outfit, throwing the soiled clothing into a laundry basket.  It was the minors turn to do laundry, otherwise he wouldn't waste the time and just burn the outfit.  

Speaking of outfits and minors, Ranboo stumbled into Dream's room, wrestling with his shirt.  He had decided on a black suit with a red tie, mirroring Schlatt.  Dream, personally, thought Ranboo wore it better.  He was still tall and lanky, but he no longer had that underfed, haunted look about him that was becoming more and more common around the city, especially in kids.