In How He Came To Be Here

As he started towards the opening in the wall ahead of him he could feel his feet sinking slightly into the floor, he was silently cursing himself for not putting shoes on, but he had been settling down to sleep when he got the call for help.
It sounded like it came from Otto and even had the location pinged so he knew the circumstances had to be dire. Otto after all didn't like technology and always avoided it if he could.
Awsten was out and heading towards the location before he could even think about it.
The further he walked the harder it was for him to move his legs, upon inspection there was nothing around them, but it was like he was walking against a strong current, or trying to walk up a downwards escalator.

He cleared his throat becoming painfully aware just how dry his mouth and lips were.
"Otto?!" he called, wincing slightly at the terror he could hear in his own voice.
As the named finished leaving his lips a shrill piercing screamed filled the air.
The sound of it made the hairs on Awsten's neck and arms stand on end, there was no way that whatever made it was human.

He started running faster, the thumping in his chest becoming so loud it echoed slightly in his head, after what seemed like an eternity and he made it to the opening, it couldn't really be called a doorway, it was too irregularly shaped and it wasn't made out of any material Awsten recognised, the floor however seemed solid and though his muscles ached dully they were responding normally once again.

Sinking slowly to the floor he waited for his heart to climb back out of his throat and return to normal, whatever Otto had gotten himself into it was clearly dire.
Leaning against the wall it took him a few moments to realise there was something slightly tugging on his shoulder.
Looking down he saw a clawed shaped hand trying to grip his shoulder and pull him into the wall, scrambling to his feet and letting out an involuntary shiver he started pacing back and forth.
There had to be a logical explanation for what was going on, not that he could think of one, but that didn't mean there wasn't.

Awsten cleared his throat preparing himself for the shrill cry he was sure was about to sound again.
"Otto, are you here?" he called out.
The noise wasn't as terrifying now he was expecting it, but it still made him feel uneasy.
This time though he thought he could hear a muffled cry coming from ahead.
Pulling his arms to himself almost hug like but with his fingers balled into a fist he slowly made his way to where he thought the cry came from.

He felt like he had been walking for hours but couldn't see anything new in front or behind him, in an act of desperation he leant against the wall and allowed the clawed hands to drag him inward.