2

Lan ZhanLan Wangji,Second young master of Gusu Lan Clan,Hanguang jun,

Lan Zhan
Lan Wangji,
Second young master of Gusu Lan Clan,
Hanguang jun,

After the Wens left Lan Wangji didn't knew what he should do. Everything was destroyed. There was nothing much left. He had just arrived back from Wen indoctrination and the sight that he saw was his home burning. His family fighting against the Wen soldiers with all they could. His father was almost dying when he started helping. He clearly remembers how his father shoved him and asked him to protect others. Lan Wangji never liked his father much after what his mother had suffered and the another reason was because his father secluded himself away from his duties and responsibilities. But he never wanted his father to die. He was happy just by the knowledge that he still had a parent alive.

He helped his brother to collect all the important scrolls and scripts from the library as it was burning. They had successfully protected the forbidden parts all scripts and scrolls along with some uncommon books that were held in the library. He had read almost every book so it was easy for him to know which were the most scared and important ones. After collecting them Lan Xichen his brother fled away as he and his cousins distracted the Wens. He knew his brother didn't wanted to abandon his home while it was in danger but as a future sect leader it was his brothers responsibility to take care of those things and make sure they won't reach in wrong hands.

As Lan Xichen left almost half of the cloud recesses was burning. Wangji along with his cousins and some younger disciples took the remaining disciples and elders, women and children to the hidden cold cave. No one without there permission could enter inside so it was the safest place for everyone. He looked at everyone. There were many missing. He felt his emotions crumble yet he kept his straight face. He looked at his uncle who was heavily injured and was being treated by the medics.

His cousins and younger disciples were also injured badly. He himself was injured and his wound in the leg from the Xuanwu hadn't healed yet. He asked the remaining healers to check the rest. That was when he heard a commotion outside. Wen Xu and some soldiers had captured some of the young disciples and some guest disciples who were crying and wailing outside. Su she he recognised the voice of the pleading man. They had demanded the yin metal. Lan Wangji looked at everyone present in the cave. It was best to handover the metal without harming anymore lives as Wen Xu had already threatened to kill the commoners. So he got out when he heard some disciples getting killed. They broke his leg and took the yin metal from him. He felt helpless and useless. Atleast his core was safe and he could protect the innocent until his last breath. He thought and limped back to the cave.

And now here he was standing in front of his half burnt home with a big group of people.
"Take the injured to the safe rooms." he ordered and was about to leave when someone held his hand. He turned to see his cousin Lan Sizhui. He knew it was the boy as he was the only one who had the audacity to touch him. Lan Wangji had basically raised sizhui after the boy lost his parents.

"Zhan ge you are also injured. Please take care of yourself." He said with a pleading look.
"I will. Both of you treat your injuries then help other. I will be back soon." He said looking at his cousins and limped to look what was remaining. Atleast two to four months will be required to build everything back. He looked at the corpses lying and sighed. He went towards the Genetian hall- his mother's home or more like prison when she was alive. It was safe just like his own jingshi as they both are in secluded part of the cloud recesses. He dressed his wounds quickly and went to help the others. 

As he reached he saw everyone had settled in the remaining half part of cloud recesses that was unharmed. Everyone looked sad, ofcourse they would be. Who will be happy after watching there home burned down. He went towards his uncle and saw him looking at his father who was lying on the bed lifelessly.
"We need to take decisions." Elder fu said. His uncle  didn't speak but looked at him. He nodded.
"Prepare for the cremation. Heal yourself." He gave the orders. The disciples soon started working. They made sure that none of the places were still burning. The elders were asked to take rest as the young ones prepared for the cremation of the dead ones. The women took care of kids and food.

Lan Wangji looked at the kids who were crying in front of there parents dead body. He never felt so helpless. He felt as if he was a failure. But he was glad he had two great cousins. Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi. Both boys were mature above there age especially Sizhui. He took special care of those kids and made sure that the kids were under care of the caretaker and none were mistreated. He himself knew how it felt to lose your parents at young age.

Two days passed. They got no information from Lan Xichen. No one knew where the future sect leader lan was. The Wen soldiers were searching for the man everywhere. Lan Wangji prayed for his brothers safety. The dead were cremated. They didn't wait for Lan Xichen as no one knew when he would return. Lan Wangji as the second heir completed all the rituals. He changed his white and blue Gusu uniform to white mourning clothes. To mourn the dead, the one that sacrificed there life for the sect. He had just got out of the sect with his cousins and uncle along with Jingyis father Lan Huiren when a disciple came running.

"Hanguang jun!! Lotus Pier was attacked. Madam yu asked to give this to elder lan." The disciple said showing a secret letter tube.