Oh Baby

The baby thing works, apparently.

Joey had insisted that women loved the whole, sensitive guy with an infant vibe, which is why he insisted to take Ben with them today. Much to Chandler's surprise, a redhead did approach them.

"Oh, yeah. He's got that great baby smell. Get a whiff of his head," Joey encouraged, leaning Ben closer.

She took a sniff, sighing contently as she laid a hand over her chest. "I think my uterus just skipped a beat.."

Joey looked to himself roommate eagerly. "What'd I tell you? What'd I tell you?"

"I think it's great you guys are doing this," the woman praised, smiling.

"Well, we are great guys," Chandler replied with a grin.

Her expression went serious. "You know, my brother and his boyfriend have been trying to adopt for three years." She pointed back and forth between the two. "What agency did you two go through?"

Joey grinned until he caught Chandler's expression. Oh. She thinks we're-

———————————————————————

"That's a good plan, Joe. Next time we wanna pick up women, we should just go to the park and make out," Chandler commented later that afternoon. Despite using a sarcastic tone, he wasn't sure if he was kidding about the last part. "Taxi, taxi!"

Joey huffed, looking down the street to a bus stop, his mind racing. Oh no, change the topic, change the topic- "Hey, hey, look at that talent," he told Chandler, motioning to two attractive women waiting there.

As a taxi pulled up to the boys Chandler leaned down, tapping the window. "Just practicing. You're good," he told the driver before tapping the car again. "Carry on."

"Hey, you. He's just adorable," one of the women told the boys when they had gotten on the bus.

Chandler greeted her with a smile. "Ok, but can you tell him that, because he thinks he's too pink," he joked, mocking genuine concern.

"So what are you guys out doing today?" Her companion asked.

Joey sat up straighter, frowning. "Oh we're not out. No, no," he corrected. "We're just uh, two heterosexual guys, hanging with the son of our other heterosexual friend, doin' the usual straight guy stuff," he explained.

Chandler looked to Joey with an exhausted expression. "You done?"

"Yeah."

The first girl took a peek out the window. "Oh, there's our stop," she told the boys.

"Get outta here. This is our stop too!" Joey replied. Liar.

"You guys live around here too?"

Joey scoffed. "Oh, yeah, yeah, sure. We live in the building by the, uh, sidewalk."

Chandler poked his head forward. "You know it?"

All was well until they were asked: "Where's your baby?"

The boys turned to the stroller.

Empty.

They looked at each other before looking back at the bus and running after it. "Ben! Ben! Ben!"

Author's Notes
This chapter is dedicated to AltTransFrog for his ongoing support, thank you 🥺