2.

JFK, New York. My family and I were leaving for a few weeks to Europe. We were going to stay in Amsterdam for a few days then board a cruise ship for a week long cruise around Scandinavia and Russian cruise route. We would depart from Amsterdam then visit Stockhom, Fredericia, St. Petersburg, Warnemunde, Copenhagon, Muuga, and Hesinki. 

Amsterdam was amazing, but I couldn't wait for the cruise. Something about living on the water was the thrill for me. 

We are about to board when I see some really cute boys that look around my age. 

"Alex, come help us with the luggage." my step-mom tells me. I turn my attention to her and my step-siblings, Nicholas and Oscar. I grab my luggage and backpack, pug in my headphones and walk to our room. I claim my bed and put everything down. I take my book and headphones and go exploring the ship. 

"Alex, please be back before we go to dinner at 8. ok?" my step-mom, Savannah, tells me.

I acknowledge her with a thumbs up as I close the door behind me. I walk around aimlessly until I come across the "Teen Club". I walk in to sign me up. I would use any excuse I can to get away from my step monster and her delinquent children. I see those same cute guys. I try not to stare. I turn to them to find them looking at me. I check my outfit; jeans, long sleeve and my favorite hoodie. Nothing fancy ir revealing, nothing that would show my figure or anything attractive about me. I sign my name on the paper and turn around to see that one of them is right behind me. 

"shit" I was startled.

"Whoa. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Oscar and those are my friends Omar, Oggie, and Felix. We were about to head up the basketball court and wondered if you would like to join us?" 

I look over at the boys he pointed at and saw Felix, I think, blow me an air kiss. 

"Thanks but no thanks. I have to umm" I hold up my book. 

"Oh come on. Can't you just spend 20 minutes away from your book?"

"Why not, I guess."

All the boys get up and shake my hand, give me hugs and pull me towards the courts. 

"I have a confession to make" I say " I'm not good at basketball." 

The boys all giveeach other some look like who is going to help her...

Felix walks up to me and takes my book.

"Well first things first, you can not pla while holding this." He puts it down on the bench and extends his hand ofr mine. I take his hand and we walk over to the rest of the group and play some ball.