Deep in the woods

I  panted as I walked through the thick and dense woods , wishing desperately to find an abandoned cottage or a stream that I can rest by.My feet ache and my poor frail body  has grown tired as I walk in a stupor.I have walked for several hours to ensure I'm further away from my rotten village full of tyrants.I am from a poor family of farmers , who arranged my marriage to a man of a higher rank as a financial proposition.At first I was angry that I was given away like I was someone's property but when I met the brute that I was to be married to , My outrage grew as I found that he was an arrogant,conceited and impolite man who did nothing but drink wine and talk to  his friends about his supposedly impressive hunting skills.The minute I met him, I knew life would be unbearable with him so I planned my escape.In the early hours of the morning ,I packed a knapsack with a few essential items and my beloved rose quartz heart , a gift from my mother.I fled my home , without glancing back and ran  into the woods. So I walked , at a slow pace as I wept at my desperate situation.I have  no goals or ambitions  and I have never felt so pointless in my life.I spot a huge tree not too far away  and decide that's where I'll rest for a while.I sit down and lean against the rough bark of the tree and close my eyes.After a few minutes of discomfit, I arrange myself in a somewhat comfortable position and finally shut my eyes. Soon after I finally fall asleep , I am suddenly woken up as the ground shakes violently.I look around to see a giantess  with pale skin ,long red hair and emerald green eyes ,wearing a long brown dress and  is looking at me with an expression of curiosity and intrigue.I feel my whole body frozen in fear as I still sit beside the large tree.Suddenly a giant pale hand reaches out towards me and coils their slender fingers around my torso.I don't run or defend  myself ,I just let this occur.The giantess brings me closer to her face with an obviously confused face. "Why didn't you run away ?" Said the giantess in a calm but questioning tone."b-because I'm s-so s-scared of y-you" I responded rather nervously.

The giantess gave me a faint smile as she touched my long blond locks with her thumb."Do not be afraid little one , for I am kind and sweet".These words reassured me and I finally stopped being anxious." You look so frail and tired , perhaps it is best if you stayed at my cottage ?" Said the giantess , with her kind green eyes looking at me. I thought about the tiring journey I had and agreed."Very well then" I replied.The giantess smiled warmly.She started walking through the woods as the sun set ,giving the forest a warm and cozy light.The giantesses' grip was starting to loosen  and soon I was spread out on her soft palm.I then closed my eyes and began to sleep.I was awoken when I was placed on a hard surface.I slowly looked around the room I was in and looked at the cozy interior of the cottage.There were various flowers strewn around the room , a mantle piece full of home made trinkets with a tapestry of water lilies hanging over it and a big wooden rocking chair.I noticed that I was sitting on a table and that the giantess was right behind me , sitting on a chair peering down at me with an attentive face.She then push forward a small plate of food of various fruits and bread and cheese.I thanked the giantess and ate every morsel on the plate.After I finished my meal , the giantess placed her hand in front of me and I stepped on it."What is your name ?" she spoke tentatively. "Emma" I said. She smiled and said "How pretty! My name is Athena". I nodded and smiled.There was a short pause before Athena spoke."Why would a tiny girl such as yourself go out in the woods alone ?". I sighed as I recalled on   my sad circumstance and told Athena everything. She looked shocked and couldn't believe what I  just said."Oh god you poor thing !" Athena exclaimed. "What will you do now ?" She said. I breathed in and exhaled slowly as my mind became overwhelmed with thoughts."I d-don't k-know"  I finally said. Athena remarked "Well perhaps you could stay with me for the time being while you figure out what your going to do"  she smiled. I nodded in agreement and smiled back and looked around the room. I'm in a good place now.